Newcastle (H) - Ticket Office Protest

One factor that has changed over the last year ir so is the face value price Blues are getting on the Facebook pages (often say £60) is higher than the 1/19th on the Ticket Exchange. This might be a factor behind fewer tickets being available in the Exchange for “big games”. There is probably more to it than that including seats being resold by the club as part of corporate packages.
got tkts a few times last season via sm and they were 30 quid

There will always be fans who have genuine reasons for leaving early, but the numbers of our fans doing one 10 minutes or more before the end of many league games is off the scale, even if we're 5-0 up and turning in an imperious performance. Yet you still get people on here defending it and saying it goes on everywhere. Well from what I can see, it doesn't happen at many other grounds on the scale that it does at ours.

It's not fans filling seats that's an issue at our ground these days - it's keeping fans in their seats beyond 75-80 minutes!

100 percent. Then they read the atmosphere thread of all threads and start sulking about being called out about it. Not much you can do about the atmosphere if you're sat in your car or on the tram home.

I could understand it more if we were 5-0 up to be honest. It's when the games in the balance that really irks me, when we can make a difference. Like getting the 3 points and not the 1 against Everton. Ironically one of the games before that more stayed against Fulham and we did just that.

Like you say it doesn't happen on that scale elsewhere. It's a habit now, if not a competition, to be the first to go. Maybe that's the only upside of there becoming fewer ST holders as those paying 70 odd quid a ticket would probably be less likely to head for the exits early.

Really was refreshing wasn't it?!! Was shaking my head numerous times last season. Still on for the treble and Leeds pulled one back to make it 2-1 sticks in my mind. Loads leaving 20 mins early against Everton.

Probably the greatest team you'll ever see in your life and are that half-arsed about it you'd rather set off home. Some don't deserve this team and they owe it to the fans that are currently getting shafted to make the most of being there.
Don't blame em for that one. Worst game i've attended in about 30 years. The ten minute delay for the refs mike was the highlight.

There will always be fans who have genuine reasons for leaving early, but the numbers of our fans doing one 10 minutes or more before the end of many league games is off the scale, even if we're 5-0 up and turning in an imperious performance. Yet you still get people on here defending it and saying it goes on everywhere. Well from what I can see, it doesn't happen at many other grounds on the scale that it does at ours.

It's not fans filling seats that's an issue at our ground these days - it's keeping fans in their seats beyond 75-80 minutes!
It doesn’t happen at Champions League games, the atmosphere is brilliant and not many leave early, we do have a lot of “day trippers” for those games but it really helps to make a great atmosphere.

The ‘loyalty points’ thing is bullshit anyway due to the ‘platinum’ double points scam.

Why should someone who rightly told the club to fuck off with the double points blackmail be behind some mug who fell for it in the queue?!

Enjoy your protest, I’ll be in the bar.

Similarly, another top Blue on here had a spare youth ticket for Liverpool at home that I could virtually give away to a youngster in our Branch.
Just blowing smoke up your arse Tim but I’d like to make it known you helped my mate out with a ticket, he was over from Oz and it was the Dipper game, you pulled the rabbit out of the hat and got my pal a ticket at face value.

What made it more memorable was his in laws had managed to get his son to the game as one of the Mascots, when he saw his lad on the pitch he was in tears, his son just 2 years old when he emigrated and that was his first ever City game, he’s City daft but that will live with him forever, eternal thanks.

Don't blame em for that one. Worst game i've attended in about 30 years. The ten minute delay for the refs mike was the highlight.

It was a hard watch. Still poor leaving with 20 minutes to go and you can't sugar-coat it. That incident happened literally a couple of minutes after the second-half had kicked off too if memory serves? Gave those that head for their half-time pint more time to return I suppose. Probably why they left with 20 to go as they hadn't missed the first 10 minutes of the second half that they usually do and they needed to get their fix.

It was a hard watch. Still poor leaving with 20 minutes to go and you can't sugar-coat it. That incident happened literally a couple of minutes after the second-half had kicked off too if memory serves? Gave those that head for their half-time pint more time to return I suppose. Probably why they left with 20 to go as they hadn't missed the first 10 minutes of the second half that they usually do and they needed to get their fix.
Like all games, circumstances dictate the actions of supporters. This one was also new years eve which for many is a special occasion.

Just blowing smoke up your arse Tim but I’d like to make it known you helped my mate out with a ticket, he was over from Oz and it was the Dipper game, you pulled the rabbit out of the hat and got my pal a ticket at face value.

What made it more memorable was his in laws had managed to get his son to the game as one of the Mascots, when he saw his lad on the pitch he was in tears, his son just 2 years old when he emigrated and that was his first ever City game, he’s City daft but that will live with him forever, eternal thanks.
Top man is Tim. Helped me and a mate out more than once.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.