Newcastle (H) - Ticket Office Protest

This alone is a big one for me.

A LOT of games aren't going to go ahead at 3pm Saturday as advertised yet they're still selling them.
So what? Season ticket holders buy for 19 home games without knowing the dates or kick-off times. And many of us renew before the fixtures are out so we don't even know whether we're home or away on a given weekend.

If you think it’s bad now, just wait for us to get Barcelona etc in the group stage. Something needs to change and change needs to happen fast before City start replacing us all because they know the glory hunters are ready to step in when they couldn’t be arsed last season
I hated the RM home game last season when all those glory hunters and tourists stayed until the end and gave the team a great post-match ovation. So different to when people start pissing off after 80 minutes.

Might be worth a quick survey next season: If you know someone who sits near you has put their ticket on the ticket exchange then ask whoever is sitting in their seat how much they paid for the ticket. If it's a standard match ticket price then no problem, but if it's inflated by some "hospitality" factor then it's clear the club are screwing fans.
It might also be worth asking what extras they got if the club sold the ticket at an inflated price.

Might be worth a quick survey next season: If you know someone who sits near you has put their ticket on the ticket exchange then ask whoever is sitting in their seat how much they paid for the ticket. If it's a standard match ticket price then no problem, but if it's inflated by some "hospitality" factor then it's clear the club are screwing fans.
It might also be worth asking what extras they got if the club sold the ticket at an inflated price.
Ged, wasn't there a suspicion that the club were doing exactly that at the back end of last season when we had some very big home games that were crucial in deciding the destination of the title? Maybe not so much Leeds at home but Arsenal and Chelsea in particular. Fans were reporting that not a single ticket popped up on the Ticket Exchange for the Chelsea game from a couple of weeks before the match to when it kicked off. Now I wouldn't expect loads of fans to put their seats up for resale for a game like that because while ultimately Arsenal's implosion meant that the title was decided before that game took place, prior to that it was one where we could potentially win the league. However, there will always be a fan somewhere who can't make a game due to unforeseen circumstances but nothing appeared on the Exchange according to some, which makes one wonder if the club were selling any resale tickets as part of a hospitality package as opposed to offering them as standalone match tickets.

Ged, wasn't there a suspicion that the club were doing exactly that at the back end of last season when we had some very big home games that were crucial in deciding the destination of the title? Maybe not so much Leeds at home but Arsenal and Chelsea in particular. Fans were reporting that not a single ticket popped up on the Ticket Exchange for the Chelsea game from a couple of weeks before the match to when it kicked off. Now I wouldn't expect loads of fans to put their seats up for resale for a game like that because while ultimately Arsenal's implosion meant that the title was decided before that game took place, prior to that it was one where we could potentially win the league. However, there will always be a fan somewhere who can't make a game due to unforeseen circumstances but nothing appeared on the Exchange according to some, which makes one wonder if the club were selling any resale tickets as part of a hospitality package as opposed to offering them as standalone match tickets.
One factor that has changed over the last year ir so is the face value price Blues are getting on the Facebook pages (often say £60) is higher than the 1/19th on the Ticket Exchange. This might be a factor behind fewer tickets being available in the Exchange for “big games”. There is probably more to it than that including seats being resold by the club as part of corporate packages.

One factor that has changed over the last year ir so is the face value price Blues are getting on the Facebook pages (often say £60) is higher than the 1/19th on the Ticket Exchange. This might be a factor behind fewer tickets being available in the Exchange for “big games”. There is probably more to it than that including seats being resold by the club as part of corporate packages.

Yes, I don’t know, or particularly care, what this forums official definition of “Face value “ is. But I noticed towards the end of last season that there seemed a remarkably high number of people who had bought tickets for a specific game that they suddenly couldn’t make, compared to the tiny minority selling on a season ticket.

Yeah, demand was through the roof last season during the run-in, and it was a lot easier to move tickets on than it has been in the past. I shifted a couple but stuck to FV as I don't believe in fleecing fellow blues. They weren't nothing games either - one was Bayern at home in the CL and the other was Arsenal in the league. Bayern went to a regular poster on here who I don't know outside of this forum but is someone I trust and Arsenal went to a mate who also posts on here. He paid me more than what I was asking which he didn't have to do but it was still a lot less than £60! I also sorted him a ticket for the FA Cup Final at FV.

Yes, I don’t know, or particularly care, what this forums official definition of “Face value “ is. But I noticed towards the end of last season that there seemed a remarkably high number of people who had bought tickets for a specific game that they suddenly couldn’t make, compared to the tiny minority selling on a season ticket.
My definition of face value is either the price on the ticket or the cost of a similar seat if the original was bought as part of a season ticket.
Another question: Do the price of tickets change as the game gets closer? What I mean is; would the price of a ticket for a home game next April be the same now as it will be three weeks before the game, or do the club alter the prices as the game approaches, based on demand?

My definition of face value is either the price on the ticket or the cost of a similar seat if the original was bought as part of a season ticket.
Another question: Do the price of tickets change as the game gets closer? What I mean is; would the price of a ticket for a home game next April be the same now as it will be three weeks before the game, or do the club alter the prices as the game approaches, based on demand?
People are receiving the former from the Facebook pages and the latter from City. Some Blues are switching from putting their tickets on the Ticket Exchange. I’ve fine with that because there’s been rearranged midweek games where season card holders who can’t make it have struggled to give their seats away.

I don’t know if the prices change closer to the game. I think it would be rare if this happens since most tickets get sold out at the start of the season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.