Newcastle send 'strongly worded statement' to FA about NDJ

marcspurs said:
Point taken about the metaphors..... yes I have seen the tackle and as I said it was not malicious but overly forceful (refs words not mine)......

As for elbows, someone alluded to, I presume you are talking about Tom H v Twente, I agree it should have been red.... but the ref missed it and UEFA have different rules on these things, they only look at cases of mistaken identity......

As for the scissor movement, NDJ legs were either side of HBA and closed in a scissor like movement........

Let me ask you this..... had this been the other way round and Tevez was out for 7 or 8 months, would you be so "well that's football" about it..... if he was robustly tackled by Shawcross or Cattermole or someone else with a rep for being physical??
2ngc1zo.jpg

" ´ere cop fer that yer cant!" as Arry would say
That was intentional my friend - far worse tha NDJ who fairly and squarely WON the ball

Failsworth_Blue said:
The thing that baffles me is that most of the people saying it was a foul also say that we shouldn't have had a penalty as the ball was won first in the tackle despite taking Tevez out after it

Great point - hadn't thought of that.

Full of shit, the lot of them.

hertsblue said:
clubfoot said:
Lol @ the spurs fan hoping he will get a 5 game ban.

Wonder what the Spurs fan has to say for Huddlestones blatant elbow in the champions league last week that went unpunished

Exactly, the response was uefa have different rules. So that makes the elbow ok.

remember this. 3 reds should have been given and not even a yellow. But even then Aalberg wernt little girls and go running to UEFA and send little letters

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CkwuZgCbAdY[/youtube]

I haven't posted regarding the NDJ tackle yet, at fist seeing it I didn't think anything of it just a NDJ norm. After seeing the replay I did wince and think it was a bad un and he was lucky to get away without a yellow let alone a foul. I didn't know the guy was hurt at that stage and I still think a yellow would of been about right, there is no way he went to do him IMO but it was a bit OTT.

I just think had Barton done the same to AJ (just trying to think of 2 players who play the game like NDJ and HBA) I think this board would be calling for him to be sent down.

All in all I love NDJ he is one of my favorites at the moment but I can see why its got peoples backs up if I take my blue tinted specs off (especially Toon fans) but as for all this banning him for a year and shit its balls, the reason so many players suffer bad injuries in the modern game when tackels are a lot softer than days of old is just down to players being finely tuned athleat's now and not pie munching gob shites like Micky Quinn.

hertsblue said:
clubfoot said:

Wonder what the Spurs fan has to say for Huddlestones blatant elbow in the champions league last week that went unpunished

The Spurs already answered that one, two pages back when it was brought into a conversation about a different incident in a different game.....

I said he should have got a red card, I won't defend the indefensible, the ref missed it, UEFA do not have a system in place to look at these things therefore he is a lucky boy and got away with it...... does it make it right, no it does not.....<br /><br />-- Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:10 pm --<br /><br />
hertsblue said:
clubfoot said:

The Spurs fan already answered that one, two pages back when it was brought into a conversation about a different incident in a different game.....

I said he should have got a red card, I won't defend the indefensible, the ref missed it, UEFA do not have a system in place to look at these things therefore he is a lucky boy and got away with it...... does it make it right, no it does not.....

Blue Mist said:
After reading this thread I had a quick look at the barcodes web site
which states as follows........

Newcastle United FC have today written a strongly-worded letter to the Football Association in relation to the tackle by Manchester City's Nigel de Jong on Hatem Ben Arfa in Sunday's Premier League fixture, which resulted in Ben Arfa sustaining a broken tibia and fibula of his left leg.

The club has asked the FA for the appropriate action to be taken against De Jong for the tackle which in the club's opinion was unnecessary and used excessive force.

Newcastle United will also be writing to the appropriate body regarding the performance of the match officials, specifically the referee, in relation to a number of incidents during the game including the tackle on Ben Arfa.

What a shower of (please insert your chosen expletive)

oh no, a strongly worded letter!! how terrifying!!!

and, the appropriate action has already been taken against NDJ - nothing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.