Newcastle Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newcastle let in 80 goals in 2021 from 42 league games (a premier league record) which was shocking and shows how bad our previous manager was. He was an ex-defender who couldn’t train players in the art of defending.

So far this calendar year we’ve played 29 times and conceded 29 goals, so we’ve improved massively. This season we’ve played 10 games and conceded 9 goals which is the best in the league.

Howe is turning out to be quite good for a manager who we were told couldn’t get his team to defend.

Give Howe a few more transfer windows to get some squad depth and I think we can genuinely look to become a regular top 6 team who can challenge for silverware in the cups and quality for Europe. He’s had two windows but that isn’t enough as we’re always a couple on injuries from bringing in below par players as we are at the minute and will be until at least after the Winter break for the World Cup.

Any team who has to start with Burn, Longstaff and Murphy are going to be below their best, as we have been recently. We’re one of only four teams who have only lost once this season, that will probably change at the weekend when we play Spurs as I think that will be one game too many for us.

We’re miles away from where we were this time last year when we were 2nd bottom after 10 games on 4 points with a -12 goal difference (+8 this season) and still looking for our first win of the season.

Happy days.

This is bullying.
Howie is not the one who passed the Saudies fit and proper test. It was the FA and UK government who made that happened.
Howie is a young and upcoming manager who is doing his job.
He has every right to defend his job against another bully Klopp

I notice it's Sky Ireland and there is an off the ball programme there so the cynic in me thinks it might once again catering to it's audience which is mainly red.

I notice it's Sky Ireland and there is an off the ball programme there so the cynic in me thinks it might once again catering to it's audience which is mainly red.

French twat waffling on about NET spend made me turn it off, I can't listen to the mealy mouthed cunts any more.

This is bullying.
Howie is not the one who passed the Saudies fit and proper test. It was the FA and UK government who made that happened.
Howie is a young and upcoming manager who is doing his job.
He has every right to defend his job against another bully Klopp

I've seen that and stopped watching early on. I doubt anybody within the club will be bothered about what anybody says about us, they can all bring it on. Eddie will probably take it with a pinch of salt if he does see it. It feels like it’s the club against the world at times and to be honest, I love that because it means they’re worried about us.

We’re on the longest unbeaten run in the league, we’ve got the best defensive record, we’re 13 points ahead of this stage last season, 13 places higher, scored 3 more goals, let in 15 fewer goals, add to that, we’ve won 4 more games.

The only negative is that the ground is far too small and that's before we get anywhere close to winning anything.

If there's anything that proves how useless Bruce is, it's the incredible turnaround Newcastle have made under Howe.

Sorry, I didn't answer you fully.

It’s funny that you mention the Sports Direct Arena, there was hell on when Ashley renamed it but that was only because the club didn’t benefit financially. We are hearing talk now that the ground might be renamed again and I hope that it is as long as money is coming into the club. I’d sell my dad if Newcastle could get money for him and it improved the club.

We look like we’re trying to expand St James’ Park but I don’t know how we do that. We could look to continue the upper levels around the back of the Gallowgate (South Stand) and then maybe put another level on top of the east stand but I don’t know enough about the structures foundations to know what is possible or not. We could knock down what we have and start again, that would be possible as long as we have somewhere to play whilst that’s happening. We could expand Gateshead Stadium for them before doing anything with our ground and use that. I think everything is still possible but it does sound as if we’re talking with the right people.

Location will have nothing to do with who we can bring in. I know we all think where we’re born is the best and we cant be right but I love our location. I’ve lived in the midlands, I’ve lived in Scotland and I’ve lived 40 miles from Manchester and Newcastle has as much to offer as anywhere. I hate London so can’t see the attraction although I accept that I’m not in the majority on that one, it’s still only 40 minutes away by plane. I can be at the beach within 20 minutes, I can be inside 3 City Centre’s within 20 minutes and I’m in the countryside within 20 minutes. Other than easterly winds in mid-winter, the place is great as long as we sell it.

We have local history to die for and enough to keep young families busy for the rest of their lives as long as we make than aware of it. We also have more than enough pubs etc but they can be dangerous for young players who can get distracted.

We’ve attracted Ginola, Robert, Asprilla, Bruno, Botman and Isak to name a few. I think most players will come if we sell the project to them.
Newcastle is a fine city and, as you say, lots of great surrounding areas. The question would be if young men craved London lights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.