Newcastle Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
A year ago today Emery turned down Newcastle, he's a good manager but I doubt that we'd be 4th now if he had taken the job.

Interesting to see if Howe goes all in for top 4 and sacrifices the cups or tries to get a trophy. They should realistically have a shot at a cup this year if they take it seriously.

We'll play a full strength side for every game.

No fan of another club will know anything associated with your club better than your fans who live and breathe the club every day and I feel uncomfortable trying to give an outsider’s opinion.

Howe has done a brilliant job for us and I would like nothing better than for him to get us our first trophy since 1969, he has worked so hard and has brough everything together for us, he’s the biggest reason for our current position and everything that is going right for us.

I should add that our 20% owners are playing a blinder and giving him everything he asks for and their full support. I think they recognise that the manager/coach is the most important person at the club bar none.
My old team mate Dan Ashworth great acquisition as well.

Hairy mits is an arse, would any club want players who didn't want to live in their area? We're only a 40 minute flight to London. You can spend longer than that trying to drive 5 miles at the wrong time of day. I've taken more than 4 hours a few times driving home 8 miles from work.

We're 20 minutes to the beach, 20 minutes to 3 cities, 20 minutes to the countryside. We've got thousands of years of history on our doorsteps.
Of course you can win it, a lot of teams will be competing mind you
United for one..good manager is tent peg. Don't listen to any of the We deserve it narrative by some. Every club has a loyal fan base....just depends where people are born..city or village..that's the only difference to me. Just happens that City and Newcastle sit within big catchment areas equals historically bigger crowds. My brother lives in a village now on South coast, follows his non league team just as loyally as any fan in the country. I have never bought into this fan base is more loyal shit

I can't see us finishing top 4 but I do think we'll keep playing to win games, Eddie has already said that we'll play that way whilst making tweaks as we develop. I have to say that Howe has really done a fantastic job, what he’s done for us is almost off the scale, it’s bordering on an insane turnaround that nobody could have predicted.

Howe really is a top manager and he could be with us for many years to come, this reminds me when Keegan became manager. I don’t know if people have noticed but he never gets carried away when things are well or badly and I think that’s rubbing off on the players because nobody is getting carried away, that isn’t something Keegan could do.

Almost every game is a game where I think we could come unstuck but it’s just not happening, yet. We’re getting results with Longstaff and Burn playing regularly and we’re not hanging on for our dear life.

We’re 18 points better off than we were after 13 games last season when we only had 6 points, we’ve scored 9 more goals and have let in 19 goals less and 16 places higher in the league, it would have been 17 places higher if Spurs hadn’t picked up 3 points.

During October we’ve picked up 16 out of 18 points, scored 16 goals and have only conceded 3. Every number I look at seems to be off the scale, Christ, we’re even top of the hitting the woodwork table having hit the woodwork 11 times.

These really are mad times to be a Newcastle supporter.
Ten Hag nailed on for Manager of the Month by the sound of things.

Howe should be all going out for the league cup because a lot the teams in the top four will play weaken teams

We'll play a full strength side for every game.
Howe should do, fans want glory, i don't think all the teams in Europe will take the domestic cups to seriously given the schedule after the W/C. However he may be under pressure to get Champs league, which is vital for your progression as a club, if you have been on this forum for any length of time you will know the real intentions of FFP. Stopping clubs like Newcastle.

Howe should do, fans want glory, i don't think all the teams in Europe will take the domestic cups to seriously given the schedule after the W/C. However he may be under pressure to get Champs league, which is vital for your progression as a club, if you have been on this forum for any length of time you will know the real intentions of FFP. Stopping clubs like Newcastle.
Agree. Champions league will really open the door for them to spend for a proper title push

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.