Newcastle Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can tell you now Mick, Football is very tribal, 99% of what you get will be bullshit, bitterness and envy.

I can live with that, it's just a shame that some of our fans are starting to look arrogant and that's worse than how others are acting. I'm sick to death of seeing a minority of our fans talking about us being the richest club in the world, we're not, we have the richest owners of any football club in the world which is hugely different. I've seen some of our fans talking about us being massive, we're not and we may or may not become massive, I don't care either way, all I care about is becoming successful.

These people seem to be quiet in real life and noisy on social media and it’s usually young kids.

I don't care either way, all I care about is becoming successful.

I think it's more about becoming "in with a chance of being successful". No money definitely means no success but having money doesn't necessarily mean success as we see with united currently.The point of FFP was, obviously, to limit the number of clubs with a chance of success.

We were lucky, we won the FA cup and qualified for the champions league. FFP was background noise. The modern day reality is with FFP, finishing 4th eclipses a FA cup win. Although winning their first trophy since 69 might be more enjoyable.
Sure their fans would rather win a trophy but i take your point. Sad reality of the modern game.

The history clubs are going to have a problem soon,more and more clubs will be taken over.
Everton will be next once the new stadium is in place.We cant all win the trophies.Sunderland,Sheff Weds are ripe for investment.
Utd,Arsenal and Liverpool and the rest of the history clubs will form thier own competition or they will have to accept that they are like the rest of us all part of a competative league.Did i say competative ?
?That could be a problem as they dont like competition.

Dan seems to be a good fit for us. I always worry about people in his position undermining the manager, that doesn't look likely. So far all of the people we've brought in look to be good people.
How has Eddie Howe settled in the NE, his family were not keen on Burnley when he was previously up-north?

The history clubs are going to have a problem soon,more and more clubs will be taken over.
Everton will be next once the new stadium is in place.We cant all win the trophies.Sunderland,Sheff Weds are ripe for investment.
Utd,Arsenal and Liverpool and the rest of the history clubs will form thier own competition or they will have to accept that they are like the rest of us all part of a competative league.Did i say competative ?
?That could be a problem as they dont like competition.

Sheffield Wednesday are a massive club there big crowds keep turning up that’s the one they should look at if they want to buy a football club!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.