Newcastle Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manager of the Month, Player of the Month and Goal of the Month for October. Well done Eddie Howe and Miguel Almiron.
Well deserved. Also watched the Almiron interview on Sky and he seems like a nice lad with his head on his shoulders.

Well deserved. Also watched the Almiron interview on Sky and he seems like a nice lad with his head on his shoulders.

Almiron is a great lad, I have to admit that I had written him off as a cross between a headless chicken and Forrest Gump, he would run all day but had no end product. Howe really has lifted his game and it couldn't have happened to a nicer person, the same thing could be said about Joelinton who has massively improved. Joelinton seems to go from one end of the pitch to the other in about 5 paces.

I think Newcastle signing a Messi type player are years away, if they happen at all. People high up in the club have said that we'll have to make mistakes if we're signing players for world record fee’s. By that I think they mean that they want to sign players who are young and still developing rather than buying the finished article.
You could get a certain Portuguese 38 year old for peanuts in the summer… ;-)

Almiron is a great lad, I have to admit that I had written him off as a cross between a headless chicken and Forrest Gump, he would run all day but had no end product. Howe really has lifted his game and it couldn't have happened to a nicer person, the same thing could be said about Joelinton who has massively improved. Joelinton seems to go from one end of the pitch to the other in about 5 paces.
Whoever decided to move Joelinton to midfield must be a genius :)

I agree I always felt for him as he struggled. He's one of those players fans love, gives 100%, never complains but nothing seems to go right for him. He seems a genuine nice guy and I'm pleased he's now having some success. Jack's comments were cruel and uncalled for, particularly as he'd just won the league with us. I'm sure he regrets it now and hopefully he's learned a hard lesson.

Whoever decided to move Joelinton to midfield must be a genius :)

It was Eddie Howe who moved Joelinton after we'd gone down to 10 men against Norwich when Ciaran Clark was sent off after 9 minutes. Joelinton was unbelievable for the rest of that game, I think we realised what we had on our hands when he was an absolute monster against Man U at home.

I'd always argued with my sons and mates that he could become a much better player if we moved him deeper so he could play more with the ball in front of him. He was getting dogs abuse from some of our fans (mainly online which he would not have seen) but he never tried to hide when lesser players would have, he just put his head down and got on with it. He's not the most skilful player, what he does have is a fantastic engine, a footballers brain and the bottle to leave everything he has on the pitch once the game is over and he just doesn’t know how or when to give up.

I don’t care who we bring in over the next few years, I would always find a place for a player like Joelinton because he’s a destroyer and does the dirty work to allow others to do the fancy work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.