Newcastle Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like it when teams outside the top 6 win trophies because it really reminds everyone how badly run Spurs are.

We've had Swansea and Birminham win the league cup, Leicester winning the FA Cup, League, Community Shield. Wigan's FA Cup (less fond memories of that).

Newcastle, Saints or Forest winning this would be a welcome addition to the Daniel Levy hall of shame.
I have a friend who's an Everton fan who hated Leicester winning the title, because he said it just showed him how badly run Everton were.

It's ridiculously impressive when you think about who he's bought. I know he's spent quite a lot of money, but let's be honest, they arguably don't have any players that would start regularly for any of their top four rivals. Maybe Saint-Maximin and Guimaraes.
I think, on current form, Trippier would start for any team in the league. He's been absolutely immense.

But yeah, it's a huge achievement so far when you look at the squad. Just shows what good management can do. Villa spent a lot too but Slippy G could barely string two wins together, Howe has done very well.

It's ridiculously impressive when you think about who he's bought. I know he's spent quite a lot of money, but let's be honest, they arguably don't have any players that would start regularly for any of their top four rivals. Maybe Saint-Maximin and Guimaraes.
He's just bought well. Pope and Botman are great signings and are a big reason Newcastle have conceded the least goals.

And Pope.

Joelinton fined £29k and banned for 12 months for drink driving. Apparently, the amount of the fine was decided upon using his weekly wage as a guide.

Which is £43k per week. So he was fined 66% of a week's wages for the offence. Seems very lenient to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.