Newcastle Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't dislike Newcastle.

Their fans have always been sound, they have deserved so much better for years. They turn out in numbers even when shit and are just generally inoffensive (apart from horse punching)

I know a few Newcastle proper fans and they're decent.

Plus that whole area is full of decent folk. I love away days up to Northumberland and around that end. Blyth especially.
Plus they have waited even longer than we did to end their trophy drought. I will be pleased for them if they pip the rags to that league cup.

Can't dislike Newcastle.

Their fans have always been sound, they have deserved so much better for years. They turn out in numbers even when shit and are just generally inoffensive (apart from horse punching)

I know a few Newcastle proper fans and they're decent.

Plus that whole area is full of decent folk. I love away days up to Northumberland and around that end. Blyth especially.
Agree except for 10,004 showed up for their last home game (v Oxford) before Kevin Keegan first spell as manager. I doubt that Oxford took less than 5 away fans!

Yeah usually a friendly bunch though every club including our own has its fair share of nobheads.

I've a feeling they will have a sergio moment this season. Arsenal will fuck up.

If Arsenal do go tits up then it's yours to win, Newcastle cannot win the league this year, we're probably 2 or 3 years away from being able to mount a serious challenge. We still have legacy sponsorship deals from the Ashley years which were way below market value because nobody wanted to be associated with the club and him. We need to increase income so that we can spend more on better players.

Agree except for 10,004 showed up for their last home game (v Oxford) before Kevin Keegan first spell as manager. I doubt that Oxford took less than 5 away fans!

Yeah usually a friendly bunch though every club including our own has its fair share of nobheads.

The game before Keegan arrived was away to Oxford, the home game before Keegan arrived was against Charlton and we had 15,663 fans at the game. The Oxford game you've mentioned was the season before Keegan.

The club was in turmoil at that time, we were in danger of going down to the 3rd division. Sir John Hall still didn't own the club although by that time he had become the major shareholder. Thousands of fans had been boycotting to try and force the old owners out of the club by restricting their income. In those days most of the income came from the fans, unlike today.

The club was in such a bad state that Keegan used his own money to clean up the training ground which was about to be sold. Our training ground was to be a shared facility with Durham University which they owned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.