Newcastle United (A) | Post Match thread

View attachment 53512
That is the exact definition of a straight red in the laws of the game

High & out of control. Doesn’t matter if there’s intent or not, or if he seriously injured Kev or not

Fernandinho really didn’t make a single challenge like that in any game as far as I can remember, so to say he did it every game is a little odd to say the least
And aimed at the knee not the ball. He's always been snide **** in Robertson style. Can't stand these type of thugs.
Joelinton should have had a yellow before he took out KDB late on.

Just watching back on MOTD2 as we speak. Gets more of a red card challenge every time I see it

I’ve gone the opposite way to be honest. Was raging after a few pints and in the moment, watching it live. But I’m ok with it being a yellow seeing it again today. It was clearly a “tactical” foul as they like to call it these days. But I didn’t think there was enough force to warrant a straight red. Still a bit surprised the VAR thought it was an obvious enough mistake to advise him to review it though. I’m pretty certain the FA wouldn’t have thrown it out if it had stood and they’d appealed.

An entertaining game but come away and the talking point is about the officials.

Ref was far too lenient.

In real time he sees it as a red, brandishes a card. He was certain by what he first saw. If not, watch the monitor then make decision. It’s open to interpretation whoever is the var checker.

For motd then to focus on something and nothing with Stones and not even make reference to the Kev challenge.

The ref was weak all afternoon not just that one decision. Never heard of him before but suggest he doesnt get a prime time game for a while

I never like players getting sent off for a late foul, but when you are out of control and both feet off the floor you are in dangering a major injury to the player even if you say there was no malice,

it's a red card, not a soft yellow
everything you see is why the rules say it's red, why VAR made the match official overturn it is a joke
did they think there was on contact ? I think that's what they were looking at and not the player out of control with both feet off the ground, it's late, it's from behind, it's out of control, it's dangerous, both feet off the ground, it's a red card
The thing is: we will never know will we? Maybe the ref thought it was a studs up challenge and asked for clarification of that? Until we hear what they are saying, who the fuck knows?

The thing is: we will never know will we? Maybe the ref thought it was a studs up challenge and asked for clarification of that? Until we hear what they are saying, who the fuck knows?

So has VAR work in football if we are still not 100% correct, answer on a post card

The ref was weak all afternoon not just that one decision. Never heard of him before but suggest he doesnt get a prime time game for a while
Yeah he booked one of them early (and rightly so) and then seemed to not want to book them for anything (crowd pressure) - Joel (CBA spelling it) should have had a yellow way before the one on Kev. Anyway we were still all at sea in the first half and I am chuffed we managed a point and even disappointed we did not manage to get a 4th as there was 25mins plus left after we equalised.

Dihno was the master of tactical fouls but I don’t recall many of any of them where he went off his feet, most were just just trips from behind. Newcastle players were throwing themselves and Kev and Haaland to prevent counters. I’m ok with tactical fouls when the players stays on his feet to in initiate it but they become much more reckless when the tackles goes off his feet.

So has VAR work in football if we are still not 100% correct, answer on a post card
Nothing will ever be 100% correct where people are involved. I think the principles are right, but we need to hear in real time what the referee thinks he saw in an incident, then we will all know if he made a clear and obvious error that should be corrected by looking at the monitor. We are all making up scenarios as to why the ref gave red, and then coming to conclusions about why VAR corrected it. But we don't know anything about anything to come to any conclusion at all. Just mic them up, get the referee to explain what he thought he saw, then VAR can help him if he made a mistake. Just mic the fuckers up. What are they afraid of? It might just make the game more enjoyable, God forbid.

After our bright start we were completely overrun in Midfield and were desperately needing some extra bodies in legs and energy in there.
Gundogan is obviously a class act but didn’t offer any help or protection for the back four or for Rodri…..should have moved Bernardo to there or brought Phillips on.
Foden was poor….but not sure he had the right angle to square for Haarland.
The fullbacks were awful yesterday….Cancelo gave the ball away so many times especially in the first half and in dangerous positions and Stones looked so ponderous on the ball….and gave away a stupid free kick which led to their goal.
Still we still nearly won it in the end and you have to credit Newcastle.
I agree
We were all over the place in the first half, over-run in midfield and they targeted Walker when he moved inside. Saying that though we had two great chances to score when KDB and Foden went through and both should've played the ball across.

We were a lot better second half we tightened up at the back, controlled possession and should've won really.

I was surprised that Phillips never came on, i thought that sort of game was what we bought him for.

Fair play to Newcastle though for having a go, but we had the better chances and their keeper was motm.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.