Newcastle United (A) | Post Match thread

If Newcastle fans and the media are deluded enough to think Almeron is a good player then more power to their elbow , because he is absolutely shite , the goal he scored he knew nothing about and he just runs about a lot and plays to the crowd , i wouldnt let him put the cones out if he trained with us.
Grealish was 100% right , if any of our players are having an off day they should be made to wear a shirt with Almeron on the back , he looks like a muppet and plays like a muppet , he will be one of the first out the door as Newcastle continue to uprade their squad.

It’s “Wor Miggy” if you don’t mind.

Got to give Newcastle some praise. Thought they were excellent and gave us a fright. Glad we salvaged a point from that and it gives us a kick up the arse to put the games to bed ASAP.
Yeah Newcastle were good and looked a bit more season-ready than us.

I think the first two games of 32°C heat helped us out because we just played the weather more than we played our opposition against West Ham and Bournemouth and we could play the games at a slower pace which masked our lack of pre-season. Whereas, yesterday, it was about 13°C cooler and Newcastle looked sharp and could apply that into the game because it want baking hot.

We did provide them with a lot of the things they ended up doing well by giving the ball away too much to them when we’d committed a lot of men forward. I thought our passing was poor. But they still did those things better than most teams do when we give the ball away. Where they had pace and strength was where we had space to exploit and everything just came together for Newcastle in that respect yesterday.

They’ll do alright this season. They’ll be up there with West Ham and United challenging for the European spots come the end of the season.

Last edited by a moderator:
He will probably play Rodri and Phillips as a double shield against the best teams. I think Phillips was bought primarily to cut off counter attacks against the best attacking sides.
Yup. Phillips is not just a DM, he can get forward to good effect too.

Just back from Newcastle so not read all the posts therefore maybe repeating something already said.

I've heard everyone (including Gallagher) say that Trippier's foul was only a yellow but it appears that the default option with De Bruyne now is to just foul him. The first Newcastle yellow was for a similar assault by Guimaraes and that should have been a red too. No attempt at the ball, just hack him down. Hopefully someone like Fred or McTominay or (very possibly) Casemiro hacks that cheating shite Salah down tonight with a tackle similar to either of those mentioned and causes serious damage. Then see the media circus do a swift about turn

This is the issue i have with Trippers challenge in that it sends out a clear message that its ok to chop down Kevin when he is in full flow. That will be the default option of all teams as they know they will get away with it.

Nothing will ever be 100% correct where people are involved. I think the principles are right, but we need to hear in real time what the referee thinks he saw in an incident, then we will all know if he made a clear and obvious error that should be corrected by looking at the monitor. We are all making up scenarios as to why the ref gave red, and then coming to conclusions about why VAR corrected it. But we don't know anything about anything to come to any conclusion at all. Just mic them up, get the referee to explain what he thought he saw, then VAR can help him if he made a mistake. Just mic the fuckers up. What are they afraid of? It might just make the game more enjoyable, God forbid.

We were all fooled into thinking the clear and obvious errors will be gone from the game, That big moment in a game that can cost you 3 points or keep you up or win the league, well it's not worked, It's still the same old shit, but now it's getting even more shit wrong,

I still wonder why Premier League clubs don't get rid of the VAR because it's not working for the right things (clear and obvious error) the biggest hate I now have with VAR is the officials coming out and saying sorry we got it wrong
WHAT THE FUCK ? Just take it away from the game

The exact same thing happened with Guimaraes' booking. Moral of the story, just hack KDB down whenever necessary. God knows how many times this has happened to him in a City shirt and not one single, solitary red. Imagine we had done that to Saint Maximin early doors.

The exact same thing happened with Guimaraes' booking. Moral of the story, just hack KDB down whenever necessary. God knows how many times this has happened to him in a City shirt and not one single, solitary red. Imagine we had done that to Saint Maximin early doors.

Someone should of gave him an early kick

What difference does what Tirippier said afterwards or De Bruyne's reaction to what he said make in the punishment of the foul ? Anyone can say they didn't mean to hurt their opponent - makes no difference whatsoever.
It doesn’t have any bearing on the call — it was just an observation, especially in comparison to other fouls against our players where I think the intent to injure has been more obvious.

Its simple in my mind. The foul was one where it could be red, could be yellow. He was off the ground and out of control so I tend towards red (it reminds me of Stones vs Villa which was also Red). But all thats up for debate. What isn't up for debate though is that it was not an obvious error by the referee so why was he asked to review it? The rules of VAR yet again tweaked to suit the occasion.
I actually thought it was an obvious error. I was really surprised when the red came out. First thing I said was “That’s not a red.” Doesn’t discount your point that sometimes VAR isn’t used as it should/is supposed to be.

It’s true Kev gets more than his share of hacks but I suspect Trippier commits that foul regardless of who has the ball in that situation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.