Newcastle United (A) | Post Match thread

Its my opinion. You don't have to agree with it. Softest red I'd have ever seen (other than for aggressive walking).
I don’t agree with it and look forward to the day we see a City player getting a red rescinded in similar circumstances. I think I will be waiting a very, very, very long time.

He brushed his knee.
Luckily he did not injure KDB but it’s the intent that matters. Ref bottled it but in fairness Kev didn’t help when he let the weasel put his arm around him. I thought Newcastle imposed their physicality from kick off and it definitely ruffled us a little.

I don’t agree with it and look forward to the day we see a City player getting a red rescinded in similar circumstances. I think I will be waiting a very, very, very long time.

Vin's red against the rags. F.A. Cup, 2012. Very similar. Didn't hurt the player, barely touched him in fact. Was deemed to be out of control. Red.
The part in bold is the crux. Player's intentions, level of force or violence, all of that, is « nul et non-avenu » as they say in judicial French. It is simply not pertinent. You can do someone's cruciates like that, postpone their career for a considerable period. Or end it.

Not a red card, but we had a penalty turned around in our favour last season at home to Southampton when Walker brought down their player when it was a stonewall penalty for me.

The ref gave it, VAR bizarrely asked the ref to go to the screen, he did and he bizarrely overturned his original decision.

It was a penalty all day, he sat his body weight on the lad’s upper leg and ended up sat on top of him.

Vin's red against the rags. F.A. Cup, 2012. Very similar. Didn't hurt the player, barely touched him in fact. Was deemed to be out of control. Red.
The part in bold is the crux. Player's intentions, level of force or violence, all of that, is « nul et non-avenu » as they say in judicial French. It is simply not pertinent. You can do someone's cruciates like that, postpone their career for a considerable period. Or end it.
And not one blue I know reckons that that was a red.

That was an incorrect decision that one. Never a red. But referee on the day, Wazza, was running after the bloke with the whistle screaming “datsss sssswoo feeessss dat” in his Scouse regurgitation and he was sent from the field.

The words “Out of control” aren’t in the laws of the game, by the way.

• Careless is when a player shows a lack of attention or consideration when making a challenge or acts without precaution. No disciplinary sanction is needed
  • Reckless is when a player acts with disregard to the danger to, or consequences for, an opponent and must be cautioned
  • Using excessive force is when a player exceeds the necessary use of force and endangers the safety of an opponent and must be sent off

Last edited by a moderator:
If Newcastle fans and the media are deluded enough to think Almeron is a good player then more power to their elbow , because he is absolutely shite , the goal he scored he knew nothing about and he just runs about a lot and plays to the crowd , i wouldnt let him put the cones out if he trained with us.
Grealish was 100% right , if any of our players are having an off day they should be made to wear a shirt with Almeron on the back , he looks like a muppet and plays like a muppet , he will be one of the first out the door as Newcastle continue to uprade their squad.
Almiron gives everything for the team but shouldn't be anything more than somebody who comes off the bench. He deserves praise for the goal, even if he didn't know much about it because he was in the right place at the right time and got his body into a position to ge the goal.

Almiron gives everything for the team but shouldn't be anything more than somebody who comes off the bench. He deserves praise for the goal, even if he didn't know much about it because he was in the right place at the right time and got his body into a position to ge the goal.
He deserved the banners and general “bigging” up by their fans after what Grealish said.

Throwaway jibe as it was, it’s not the sort of thing that Pep and Txiki want as part of the standards of our club. If it had been another club belittling one of our lads we’d have sections of our support up in arms about it and we’d be doubling up on getting behind whoever it was n’all.

View attachment 53512
That is the exact definition of a straight red in the laws of the game

High & out of control. Doesn’t matter if there’s intent or not, or if he seriously injured Kev or not

Fernandinho really didn’t make a single challenge like that in any game as far as I can remember, so to say he did it every game is a little odd to say the least
"A little odd "? The only odd thing about it (and I'm being lenient here) is that it comes from a City fan (?). Because it's a lie, up there with the finest (and most aggressive) aspects of anti - City propaganda...

Listen, I find it admirable that you found the time to type an answer (and a rather polite one). As odd as it sounds (again this fucking word, lol), I also find it completely useless -if not totally wrong. Pure sycophantic BS like that do not deserve a reply, you give them value this way -and you shouldn't really. Just let people embarrass themselves. Freedom of speech and all that...

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.