Newcastle United (A) | Post Match thread

It so nice of you to be kind, I’m not a wum
What made it a foul is nothing to do with the power (nothing in laws of game about power) it was the fact that he made zero attempt to get the ball, together with the two foot of the ground lunge is what made it serious foul play, even if he hadn’t made contact it would still be a foul
Your suggestion that it had little power was why I “tongue in cheek” suggested the dive
The fact that Kev dint get injured is irrelevant , the point is that allowing players to get away with actions like that is wrong, because it could lead to serious injury and it certainly wasn’t innocuous
”its a contact sport” yes it is but, that means legal contact not allowing players to make illegal contact
Players are “kicked all over the pitch” unfortunately it is generally because of weak officiating, yesterday was a lost opportunity to say it isn’t allowed unfortunately the reverse was communicated to the cloggers
“Leaving in his wake” yes, hence the foul
Kev isn’t the type to roll over and make a fuss, he accepts that opponents will try to stop him using any means, again it doesn’t make it right
Fair do's, nicely argued.

I actually thought it was an obvious error. I was really surprised when the red came out. First thing I said was “That’s not a red.” Doesn’t discount your point that sometimes VAR isn’t used as it should/is supposed to be.
Out of interest, why did you think that?
in my mind it was:
no attempt to play the ball
two footed and off the ground
knee high
out of control

= Red.

Out of interest, why did you think that?
in my mind it was:
no attempt to play the ball
two footed and off the ground
knee high
out of control

= Red.
I also didn't think it was a red. I get the 'two footed off the ground' but he's not gone in to hurt KDB there, he's gone to trip him up.

To sum it up, that's the best Saint-Maximin (and maybe Newcastle) will play all season, while we may never play as badly as we did in the period they scored their three goals all year. Comes with the territory but I still hate players like him and Traore who only bother to play their best against the top sides.

From around fifteen mins until after the Trippier goal was some of the worst stuff of the Pep era, and it's hard to put my finger on why exactly. No way were we getting back in that game with Sterling or Foden playing centrally instead of Haaland though.

He brushed his knee.
He might not have brushed it , thats the point doesn’t the rule say out of control ? He certainly had no control over where he hit the knee. The rule doesn’t mention a level of injury before a red is shown.
Whatever your view though it wasn’t a clear and obvious error and VAR shouldn’t be involving the referee going to the monitor.

He brushed his knee.
No he didn’t ‘brush’ it.
Why the hell do you think Kevin was so angry? He was angry because he understood the potential outcome of such a tackle. The fact that Trippier is a decent guy and almost certainly didn’t intend to maim Kevin is neither here nor there. It was an out of control tackle that had the potential to cause serious injury.

No he didn’t ‘brush’ it.
Why the hell do you think Kevin was so angry? He was angry because he understood the potential outcome of such a tackle. The fact that Trippier is a decent guy and almost certainly didn’t intend to maim Kevin is neither here nor there. It was an out of control tackle that had the potential to cause serious injury.
Its my opinion. You don't have to agree with it. Softest red I'd have ever seen (other than for aggressive walking).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.