Newcastle United (A) | Post Match thread

Who cares whether Trippier says it wasn't his intent to cause injury when his action was dangerous, reckless and showed disregard to the safety of his opponent!

0 attempt to play the ball, both feet in the air and made contact high up the leg on a player going near full speed - red cards should be given more often for challenges like that as they increase the risk of injury.
Should be given every time

We were under the cosh for a fair portion of the game, but I guess Pep thought the fact that they committed so many players in attack would allow us space for Haaland and our forwards to rack up a few goals. I think we were unlucky in that regard and Pope played a blinder. I doubt Saint-Maximin will play as well in his next few games. We drew from being 2 behind again and Haaland looking a real handful were positives.

I keep posting because I keep thinking of things I want to say. I am concerned that we never play a right winger who prefers his right foot. Surely with Haaland, he needs early and accurate balls played into the box. Even on the left, Grealish usually plays the ball in with the outside of his right foot. When Cancelo gets forward he checks back onto his right foot. Haalands first run, is then wasted. Foden can do this from the left, although he has chosen not to, recently. Maybe Alvarez can do this on the right. Also, if Gomez is good enough, he can run beyond the wingers and then Cancelo can do the same on the right flank. I wish we had a Sane, Sterling, or the like, to call on.

The exact same thing happened with Guimaraes' booking. Moral of the story, just hack KDB down whenever necessary. God knows how many times this has happened to him in a City shirt and not one single, solitary red. Imagine we had done that to Saint Maximin early doors.
Why should things change Merlin got zero protection in the first 15 mins.
Zabba yellow 20 mins.
Jolinton yellow, was it 80 mins ffs ;-)

Fuck sake. 113 pages. Pope man of the match by a mile and we scored three. Have a day off, if you think it’s possible to win 38 games or even not lose one, then watching football is not the thing for you.
It would be incredibly boring to win every match not just for the PL but for us fans as well.

Really enjoyed the game yesterday as a spectacle. Much more enjoyable watch when teams have a go.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.