Newcastle United (A) | Post Match thread

Enjoyable game overall, got to give toon some credit. I've been bemoaning the fact teams just sit in against us and the bar codes had a proper go.
ASM is unplayable in that kind of mood but wildly inconsistent often with little end product. Some days though he will get it right, against us was one of those days.
I'm not having Grealish was injured either. We all know why he wasn't there.
Commentators bringing up the Almiron bollocks was frankly just shit stirring and making out he had a great game was fucking embarrassing.
As for us, a little off it 1st half and we're still nowhere near fully match fit which is why I think Pep left them out there unchanged. That and we were working fine in the latter stages and should have won it in the end.
Some real knee jerk reactions from a few to individuals performances but we are often a little inconsistent early on in the season. It will come.
Great save by Pope from Haaland that hit the post what a goal that would have been.
Didn't think it was a red either, just. Stones got sent off last year versus West Ham for something similar and I didn't think that was a red either, but that didn't get overturned by VAR.
I was thinking KDB has been on the end of some awful challenges whilst with us some going unpunished like Kante v Chelsea when he scored last year. Delle Alli, Romeou v Southampton when Sterling scored a late winner. Worst has to be the knee high, off the ball scissor tackle from behind versus Palace at theirs fortunately lady karma was watching and he did his cruciate doing it and got sent off.
What Grealish said was a bit raggy tbf.
I know he was half pissed but he shouldn't have said what he said.
It always comes back to bite you on the arse.

It would be incredibly boring to win every match not just for the PL but for us fans as well.

Really enjoyed the game yesterday as a spectacle. Much more enjoyable watch when teams have a go.
Whenever we are not doing as well as we might I always think back to the time Joey Barton wanted to leave and we were all pissed off.

Why should things change Merlin got zero protection in the first 15 mins.
Zabba yellow 20 mins.
Jolinton yellow, was it 80 mins ffs ;-)
Joelinton is a dirty twat, he got away with loads and saved his best till last when literally jumping on Haalands back stop him. Filthy piece of shit.

Enjoyable game to watch, really do enjoy watching us play teams that are willing to have a go and have to give it to Newcastle for the last 30 mins of the first half and maybe like 10mins of the second half they were the better team.

Other than thought we played well, great fight to get back into the game and tbh, had nick pope not played so well, could of been looking a hat trick for haaland and the win. Saw a lot of what I love about Haalands game, almost comical how the two defenders just bounced off him when Kev played that through ball.

Also don't think that there was much in the foden chance in terms of playing it across, it's not as easy as it looks in screen grabs and I really don't mind him taking a shot there, incomparable to last week imo.
Totally agree with this, and can not understand the negativity, ranging from those who said we were poor to those who were slating us for never being able to defend.

All I can say is this:
v Newcastle, 3 goals, recovered from 2 behind, 21 shots, 69% possession, and so on.

Overall, we've won 27 of the last 28 when scoring first, 4 titles in the past 5 seasons, Prem record for goals scored and most points, 8 other trophies in the past decade or so, a CL final, and perhaps most important in this context, most clean sheets in 4 of the past 6 seasons (and only second in the other two seasons by one match) - yet some think we "can't defend".

People should remember that these players are human, We all have bad days, but there's a reason they're Premier League footballers and we're not. The really sad thing is they're not able to enjoy cracking matches like this for what they are, and it's madness. We all want City to win everything but let's keep it real. You people are watching one of the best teams ever to grace English football. If only you realised it.

When we win the threads are always short. What is there to say? Fine, carry on doing that, steady as she goes.
When we lose or draw threads are much longer because, setting aside the worthless posts along the lines of “Pep is a fraud, we'll never win anything with him” (they are disturbingly numerous, though, could there really be that many infiltrators with absolutely no way of filling their lives?) everybody feels the need to analyse (and advise Pep what to do). It's par for the course, and it's the same on absolutely every forum.
I thought we were not bad yesterday, and enjoyed the match.

Incidentally, the Cucurella thread stood at 1262 pages before it was put out of its misery. Post-match threads are drooling infants by comparison with such juggernauts.

Last edited:
I keep posting because I keep thinking of things I want to say. I am concerned that we never play a right winger who prefers his right foot. Surely with Haaland, he needs early and accurate balls played into the box. Even on the left, Grealish usually plays the ball in with the outside of his right foot. When Cancelo gets forward he checks back onto his right foot. Haalands first run, is then wasted. Foden can do this from the left, although he has chosen not to, recently. Maybe Alvarez can do this on the right. Also, if Gomez is good enough, he can run beyond the wingers and then Cancelo can do the same on the right flank. I wish we had a Sane, Sterling, or the like, to call on.
The point is you're banging on like you expect perfection every single second of every single match, analysing this, analysing that to try to get perfection. It's not going to happen.

We have a young player, never played in the Prem and he has 3 gaols and an assist in 3 matches. WTF do you want? It's football, not chess. We don't know what the opposition is going to do from match to match, you can't hope to prepare for every move, every pass, every incident. All you can do is get as many top class players in as possible, coach them as well as possible and try to get as much as you can out of them as often as you can. Do that and you have trophies in the cabinet more often than not.

You'll never get the perfect team you strive for, stop stressing over it and enjoy what we have, because it's never been any better than this and it might never be again.

The point is you're banging on like you expect perfection every single second of every single match, analysing this, analysing that to try to get perfection. It's not going to happen.

We have a young player, never played in the Prem and he has 3 gaols and an assist in 3 matches. WTF do you want? It's football, not chess. We don't know what the opposition is going to do from match to match, you can't hope to prepare for every move, every pass, every incident. All you can do is get as many top class players in as possible, coach them as well as possible and try to get as much as you can out of them as often as you can. Do that and you have trophies in the cabinet more often than not.

You'll never get the perfect team you strive for, stop stressing over it and enjoy what we have, because it's never been any better than this and it might never be again.
That's me told.

Yes, potentially.

It’s obviously a split decision pendent on your view.

I always try and look at it as ask myself if I would be unhappy if one of ours got sent off for that, and I would, so I thought yellow was the right call in the end.
Harsh for me. But he was airborne and the other foot only came down after contact.. So how can VAR change it?

Game reminded me a little of last years cup tie at Southampton. We started well then got caught with a high press and a side that was willing to run their bollocks off. Newcastle were far better than Southampton and got two goals up where as Southampton only equalised but in both cases their legs went and City got back on top. A bit more luck and three points yesterday, happy days, still you can't win them all and it was a cracking match.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.