Newcastle United (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

All this week all we have heard is that its a great time to play us, we'll be knackered, newcastle are contenders this year, we wont cope with their pace and physicality and what happened?

We toyed with them thats what happened, they never got near us.

Now we hear, newcastle arent quite ready yet, newcastle still have a ways to go, newcastle are getting closer but not there yet.

They cannot give us credit, it sickens them.

A bit puzzled as to how people can think that the board doesn't know what Pep wants. The board has, within reason and given the constraints of FFP, given Pep everything he's wanted. That's why he's spent far longer at City than at his two other clubs, one of which is his boyhood club and the one closest to his heart.
The other evening I was discussing Pep with my son (who is not a City supporter). I was being philosophical, saying “Well, you know, he might want a new challenge, might want to try his hand at managing a national team”. He just looked at me and said, “Why on earth would he go anywhere else?”
I admit that I was a bit stumped for an answer.

Think it’s no surprise the team play better with Dias in the side. Colossal. Seeing pep look so proud of the players in his interview was nice to see. Very lucky to watch this special side.
Absolutely this. Still pinching myself that we got bought by the most awesome owners going who have been amazing for us. In a parallel universe we are on a par with West Ham, Villa etc. and United still have that shitty banner. That would be ok with me but how fucking lucky are we to be in this reality?

Yes, that's a weird one too. And what of Bernardo??
You could say the same for a lot of players. I was having a go at one of the detractors the other day who said we were just buying our way to the top, but just like the rest of them had no clue about anything we do. He wouldn't believe that the vast majority of our players cost under £50m.

Basically it's just good, professional management from top to bottom, the exact same reason why United have spent more and are getting nowhere; they're the exact polar opposite in the way the club is run.

Not long back from the game. From my point of view:

1. We should have won by more.
2. Foden very good.
3. Newcastle are not title contenders.
4. Kovacic fitted in easily.
5. Rodri - fuck knows what we'd do if he was out for 4/5 months.
6. Newcastle are not title contenders.
7. Gvardiol looks decent.
8. Eddie is by a country mile the best keeper in the world at what he does.
9. Newcastle are not title contenders.

Just got back, hard earned win against a Newcastle team who only began to threaten after 75 mins. Foden was excellent tonight and he was a joy to watch, just a shame Haaland could n't finish of one of his through balls.

Defensively we look really solid and Gvardiol has fitted in really well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.