Newcastle United (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

I just can’t see a meaningful title challenge from the barcodes this season looking at that today. Don’t get me wrong they gave us a tough game but it was based on the dark arts and there was no better time to take us on than today. The bookies don’t think so as well with odds of 19-1 (the rags more so at 30/1!)

Surprised there wasn’t 10 minutes added time in the second half, but will happy take 5.

Wonderful finish from Alvarez. Haaland not on it tonight, but it mattered little.

Pep at his best again. Moan about no recovery time and then make no subs.

He never does when the game is open and the team is doing well.

Big win, potential banana skin avoided.

Kovacic is superb. Our metronome.

Really hard game that, as expected. They’re the hardest team to play against in this league.

Considering the things going against us tonight (lack of numbers, tiredness from Wednesday) that is pound-for-pound one of our best performances of the last few years.
I’m no dour sourpuss, and even I thought a draw would be a solid result. And not at all because I had no confidence — just a lot of exogenous factors that we might have rightfully blamed for an off-performance. Then Pep and the boys hang that gem on the wall. That’s one I’m surprised and delighted we won.

Kovacic is one of those players who looks lazy and carefree but actually keeps everything ticking over.
He seemed a lot more comfortable today. Also he added a slightly new dimension in just casually taking the ball past someone in midfield.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.