Newcastle United (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

I think our goals conceded this season could be a new record low barring injury.
We are formidable in defence and defensive midfield.
Our goals for could well be lower than previous seasons unless we figure out how to play in Haaland without the genius of KdB.
We need someone to take defenders away so he can do his thing. At the moment he’s often double or triple marked .
Fix that and we’re winning the lot again.

Just seen the Mac Allister sending off for Liverpool on MOTD.
If a ref considers that a straight red and VAR agreed, then Newcastle should have had at least two straight reds, and probably one for two yellows.
The consistency of ref's and VAR is shocking.

Why on earth did Chelsea sell Kovacic?

He'd pretty much downed tools for them. They all had. I had a good look on Chelsea Shed End forum about him when we were in for him. There was a consensus that there was a good player there, no question, just that he'd come to the end of the road as far as Chelsea F.C. were concerned. They all felt we were getting a bargain. And they saw him week in week out.
I believe that, the miracle worker Pochettino notwithstanding, Chelsea are in deep shit. Yes, they've bought a cartload of players for quite amazing money. Can Poch make a team out of them, though? That is the question.
Anyway, it's not the question on this thread, tonight. The question is, who can stop a team that just never seems to be anything but hungry? A team that has no stars, just bloody good players all over the park.

Not long back from the game. From my point of view:

1. We should have won by more.
2. Foden very good.
3. Newcastle are not title contenders.
4. Kovacic fitted in easily.
5. Rodri - fuck knows what we'd do if he was out for 4/5 months.
6. Newcastle are not title contenders.
7. Gvardiol looks decent.
8. Eddie is by a country mile the best keeper in the world at what he does.
9. Newcastle are not title contenders.
Agree with every point; but for one thing.

You missed out the fact that Newcastle are not title contenders

Great game, I think if Gordon got the 2nd yellow he deserved we might have seen the goals our performance did deserve

Foden kova and Rodri were brilliant through the middle.

The only negative I had was grealish, yet again not creating a jot, shots Into defenders and shit crossing.

Just got back, hard earned win against a Newcastle team who only began to threaten after 75 mins. Foden was excellent tonight and he was a joy to watch, just a shame Haaland could n't finish of one of his through balls.

Defensively we look really solid and Gvardiol has fitted in really well.
I don't really want to play devil's advocate, but I thought most of the balls through to Haaland from Phil (and others) tonight were just slightly off. That's not a criticism of Phil or anybody else, it was a great team performance but I didn't think Haaland could have done much more with most of the chances he had.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.