Newcastle United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not on board with any love in with Newcastle.

Not that I'm complaining about the deal as that would be hypocritical but I wouldn't want to swap positions. Like it or not, we do have tenuous links to the UAE, he's a royal and Etihad Airways is Abu Dhabi's state project to my eyes. Even if the sportswashing theory for the club's ownership itself was always bullshit. I can deal with that because no club's hands are clean with where their commercial revenue comes from. It doesn't get much worse than the Saudi's literally owning your club though and most likely sponsoring it soon too.

Maybe we would find a way to make peace with it, I don't know for sure but I'm glad we don't have to.

You've fallen for this state sponsored garbage. Sheikh Mansour pumped money into City but those days are over.
That may well not be if the Newcastle project becomes successful and I have no doubt it will, this club I would imagine will not sit back and watch Newcastle take over.

That may well not be if the Newcastle project becomes successful and I have no doubt it will, this club I would imagine will not sit back and watch Newcastle take over.
Agreed, but I was responding to the argument that City are currently financed by Sheikh Mansour's personal wealth. MCFC are the champions of the richest football league in the world and CL finalists. If City are bankrupt, the entire game is up.

Regarding Newcastle, let's see if they stay up first. I would think they will but they have to jump a number of hurdles first and that is the first

Last edited:
I'm not on board with any love in with Newcastle.

Not that I'm complaining about the deal as that would be hypocritical but I wouldn't want to swap positions. Like it or not, we do have tenuous links to the UAE, he's a royal and Etihad Airways is Abu Dhabi's state project to my eyes. Even if the sportswashing theory for the club's ownership itself was always bullshit. I can deal with that because no club's hands are clean with where their commercial revenue comes from. It doesn't get much worse than the Saudi's literally owning your club though and most likely sponsoring it soon too.

Maybe we would find a way to make peace with it, I don't know for sure but I'm glad we don't have to.
I don't see the difference between Etihad Airways and Saudi Telecom (City and Utd sponsors). Football, media, food, water everything is controlled now by global capital.

Agreed, but I was responding to the argument that City are currently financed by Sheikh Mansour's personal wealth. MCFC are the champions of the richest football league in the world and CL finalists. If City are bankrupt, the entire game is up.

Regarding Newcastle, let's see if they stay up first. I would think they will but they have to jump a number of hurdles first and that is the first
No problem, in Newcastle's case they are starting behind where we were when our takeover came to fruition but I would imagine they will copy our business model and I believe they will quickly rise up the table and be a serious threat within 5 years.

I personally welcome their takeover, they are a great club who deserve far more, their new owners will also take away a lot of our bad publicity and hate and at the same time further dilute the power of the "elite" clubs.

Finally it will also keep our owners/share holders completely motivated and take away any chance of complacency, if it was ever needed and again this is good news for us.

I think this is fucking great. Couldn't care less who it is, but another club with limitless funds (FFP aside) is great for the league. We aren't going anywhere and it will further disrupt the traditional arrogant wanker clubs like united, arsenal, Liverpool (they won't sustain their current run. The owners aren't invested enough and the bubble will burst), spurs, etc.

Sure, Newcastle will likely become a rival and the animosity may reach Liverpool levels, but I'd rather a 7-8 way fight for the league than 2-3 and it'll knock a big player or two out of the champions League if they get their shit together.

Plus, it's likely to take some of the scrutiny away from us. I'm actually quite looking forward to seeing who they buy initially to mirror our initial buys of robinho, bridge, de Jong, given, Bellamy, and then the summer incomings of Barry (most underrated one), tevez, Santa Cruz (lol), adebayor, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.