Newcastle United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
There worth 350 billion
Insane!
Can see them going in for
Klopp potch or pep summer

Back then, we got the likes of Dzeko, Silva, Yaya, Mario, Boateng, Milner, Kolarov in one season - 7 players with roughly a little less than €200m investment (source).

Personally think, with the current market, it would require much more clever maneuvering with transfers. The best players aren't going for €30m odd anymore.

Either way, from a neutral POV, more competition makes for a more exciting league.

lets face it, they will have a hard time attracting big players. I mean if ur Mbappe, Neymar or lets say Depay. Would u wanna move from Paris/Barcelona to Newcastle? No disrespect to the place or the fans, but lets be real here. They would have to fork out millions to pull in players for the first 2 years.

I heard Mendy is a decent player.... maybe they will pay 100m for him.

That aside... more competition the better for the premier league.

But all that said, lets pray for Yemen!!!!! Theres a famine there... and the saudis have a lot to answer for.
I imagine they'll start off like we did, if they're able to circumvent FFP. In the first January window after the takeover we signed Bellamy, Given, Bridge, De Jong. They lifted us from lower mid-table to a 10th place finish in 2009. What we did during that summer, that maybe Newcastle won't be able to do, was sign Lescott, Barry, Tevez, Adebayor, etc. on massive wages for big fees, then replace Hughes with Mancini. The Sheikh sunk loads of money in and we operated at a loss for about five years, which I'm not sure Newcastle will be able to get away with now that FFP is a thing and European football bodies are more acutely aware of "Gulf state ownership" or whatever name you want to put on it.

If they are able to do what we did in 2009, you imagine they'll spend in January on players like Wilfried Zaha, James Ward-Prowse, Granit Xhaka, etc. and maybe a couple of deadwood players United need to get rid of - in theory, they finish about 11th, sack Bruce, and get Graham Potter in from Brighton. Then in summer 2022 they'll make bigger moves to sign players like Raheem, or someone crazy like Insigne who's in the last year of his Napoli contract and looking for a last payday, etc. They can basically play fantasy football up to a point - we were a more attractive prospect in 2009 than Newcastle will be in 2022, and we could offer bigger wages. So this may all go tits up simply because they're coming from too far back and have already had the drawbridge pulled up in front of them, but it will be interesting to see whether they go the route of City or the route of someone like Malaga.

The onwers will want to make a statement but can't do anything about signing players until January (although I suspect agents will be falling over themselves trying to get their players to Newcastle)

I can see them going for Conte though. Big name and Bruce can ride off into the sunset with a nice severance package
Good news for Sterling.

Shit cafe spouting the usual sports washing and Saudi regime bollocks while being blinded to the fact the US regime is fucking garbage too, their own people losing homes because they have cancer and can't afford medical bills, people dying because they can't afford insulin, abortions bans, school shootings, police killing the people they are sworn to protect, the CIA creating the Taliban to disrupt the middle East, dropping chemical weapons on the people of San Francisco to see the effects, being the biggest war mongers on earth, more murder in Chicago than the Afghanistan war, Hollywood peadophiles, rediculous amounts of homeless people, dropping bombs on innocent people in Syria whenever they get bored. The U.S regime has done as much damage to this world as anyone's and I could go on and on but my phone would run out of battery but yeah those damn Saudis.

P.S apologise for the rant , I fucking hate America.
Also the scum have been sponsored by Saudi Arabia for over 8 years and Aeroflot, Russia’s state airline.

Last edited:
They've been cooking the books since they formed this month. Bunch of human rights abusing fuckers. Hope they get relegated to non league. Serves them right, bunch of plastics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.