Newcastle United Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Points wise it doesn’t like too bad but the games in hand everyone has got on them is ominous still in big trouble
The should have tried to give everyone covid and get all of their games postponed until after they've spent 200 million in January.

That is my question!! Why is Shearer put on a pedestal with 260 goals? Hell he has 283 league goals so why is the PL seen as the only top flight league in England?

The bitter slabhead was a great goalscorer. Snide, dirty bastard who got away with a lot.

FWIW I think Sergio's achievements will eventually be given the credit they're due. Hopefully.

It's unhelpful to talk solely about PL era, there was a rich and full history before sky.

I think one of the best goals to games ratio's was Middlesbrough and Sunderland forward Brian Clough. Scored close to 40 goals a season for about 4/5 years. Even in the season he had his cruciate ligament injury, he scored 28 goals. He did pretty well in management too!

With both Newcastle strikers out, they're desperately short upfront. The much maligned joelinton was brilliant in midfield. To talk of the Geordies challenging for trophies is very premature. They'll need to pay over the odds for mercenaries in January to try and keep them in the division. Afterwards there'll be multiple rebuilding phases to try and consolidate their league position, then climb the table, then qualify for Europe, grab cup success....

Very long way to go, don't think Eddie's the man

Can't see many good deals getting done in their situation. A striker with Wilson's injury is a certainty. They need Centre-backs desperately, probably 2 in this window. To play Howe's style they need a ball playing midfielder to go with shelvey.

Seems like Tarkowski would be an easy enough deal to get done and they've been linked with him, he's only got 6 months left at Burnley and they also might go down. So he'd really be making a sideways move for triple the money.

The striker probably the key signing tho, and either they'll get the merciest of mercs or a kid from a big club, either one is a coin toss.

Was at the Newcastle match last night. Great atmosphere. The place was rocking from before kick off till the end of the match. Not many early leavers despite transport issues. Newcastle were good but boy were united shit. Ronaldo walked all match. He is taking the piss. Put more effort into his lunge than he did into anything else (looked a red on pitch but not seen replays). Petulant fkr. Harry Quagmire was shitting his pants every time the ball was heading his way....
Harry Quagmire, haha. Fuckin' class, pal.

The bitter slabhead was a great goalscorer. Snide, dirty bastard who got away with a lot.

FWIW I think Sergio's achievements will eventually be given the credit they're due. Hopefully.

It's unhelpful to talk solely about PL era, there was a rich and full history before sky.

I think one of the best goals to games ratio's was Middlesbrough and Sunderland forward Brian Clough. Scored close to 40 goals a season for about 4/5 years. Even in the season he had his cruciate ligament injury, he scored 28 goals. He did pretty well in management too!

With both Newcastle strikers out, they're desperately short upfront. The much maligned joelinton was brilliant in midfield. To talk of the Geordies challenging for trophies is very premature. They'll need to pay over the odds for mercenaries in January to try and keep them in the division. Afterwards there'll be multiple rebuilding phases to try and consolidate their league position, then climb the table, then qualify for Europe, grab cup success....

Very long way to go, don't think Eddie's the man
Most of Cloughies goals were scored in the 2nd division i think, still a hell of player though apparently

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.