Newcastle Vs City C1C Post Match Thread

Re: Newcastle Vs City C1C Post Match Thread

mancity1 said:
Bilboblue said:
haydockboy said:
do you have a picture of edin on your wall, sorry son, now go and finish your homework!

Not an Edin fanboi by any stretch of the imagination, but your slating him is uncalled for, at the end of the day, he won us the match with a great assist and a very good finish.

Back to school for YOU not me pal.

He did his bit.

Strikers can be absent for 118 minutes but its what they do in the other 2 minutes that matters.

If Dzeko can score one and assist one every time he plays that's fine by me and I would expect fine by all and sundry unless you have an agenda against him that goes beyond him wearing the City shirt.

A win is a win and that is all that matters when all is said and done.
im actually not a 'dzeko hater' at all, i generally like him, when he works for it, if you tell me he worked hard tonight you are kidding yourself, if you think by sweeping it under the carpet by scoring an extra time winner (he wud have been subbed had jovetic not got injured) is ok, hen thats your choice, but wot happened tonite is our biggest problem since winning the league - attitude, at times its shocking in these kind of fixtures (as our league results this year will tell you), some of the players think theyre too good for the 'second team' but when they get the chance they almost look embarrassed to be playing in such a fixture

Don't think Boyata is going to make it with us. Can't see him getting a new contract this Summer. I don't think he played well at all.

I think Chelsea's reserves are better than ours watching both matches. Silva made all the difference.

uwe rosler 28 said:
Boyata looks gud needs a run WEMBLEY WEMBLEY!

Totally agree. Thought he was very impressive from start to finish and he was my man of the match.
Thought Milner was excellent when he went in the middle too.
Hope all the England media knobs who don't get Milner saw the pass for Dzeko's goal. Had that been Gerrard or Wilshire they be creaming themselves.

haydockboy said:
rastus said:
haydockboy said:
do you have a picture of edin on your wall, sorry son, now go and finish your homework!
What have you got on your wall, woodchip ;) now go and finish your decorating
yes i do have woodchip on my wall...........you couldn't notice it all..........
Oh come on fella its so tactile you couldnt miss it<br /><br />-- Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:09 pm --<br /><br />
Cobwebcat said:
Don't think Boyata is going to make it with us. Can't see him getting a new contract this Summer
I thought he did well, imo atm I wouldnt write him off

Well done City tonight.

Not the greatest performance but we stuck in there and managed to get the job done. Everyone who played tonight deserves a pat on the back imo!!

Leicester in the next round away, only downside I've a feeling it will be on the same night as Black Sabbath are strutting their stuff at the MEN Arena, and as much as I love City, Ozzy, Iommi, and Butler will have my full attention that night.

Didsbury Dave said:
OB1 said:
Only saw the game from the 37 minute mark and we were the better team from that point. The big problem with that side was not that the players are not good ones but they are not the most creative bunch. Unfortunately the manager was denied the opportunity to use two of his substitutions tactically; had he been able to make three tactical substitutions, the game might have been won in normal time. Silva made a real difference when he came on and was head and shoulders the best player on the park, with a hand in two well crafted goals. Kudos to Dzeko and Milner for thier excellent assists though.

Milner did do a good job in the centre tonight.

Bang on as usual ob1. We couldn't get the passing going because the entire back four couldn't build anything, because they are poor on the ball, and we were passing it along the back line or hoofing it. But newcastle didn't create much and we grew into the game steadily and always looked the more likely to win it from halftime on. Once the silva sub was made we took total control.

A very professional performance from a team without its spine.

We weren't hoofing it at all, we were passing it sideways a lot, fair enough, but that was in an effort NOT to hoof it, waiting for Garcia or Rodwell (who were hiding behind Newcastle players for most of the 1st half) to give an angle in order to recieve a pass & start an attack. As they barely ever did this, it was often left to Lescott to find a gap to pass the ball forward, which he did, along the ground, over & over again, perfectly, to the feet of Dzeko, Milner etc, who played shit one twos & gave it away again.

As soon as Silva came on, he was orchestrating the midfield & we were able to create forward movement & looked a much better team.

Garcia & Rodwell were utterly clueless 1st half & also poor defensively.

Pubteam Lomas said:
uwe rosler 28 said:
Boyata looks gud needs a run WEMBLEY WEMBLEY!

Totally agree. Thought he was very impressive from start to finish and he was my man of the match.
Thought Milner was excellent when he went in the middle too.
Hope all the England media knobs who don't get Milner saw the pass for Dzeko's goal. Had that been Gerrard or Wilshire they be creaming themselves.

100% correct. I guarantee it won't get a mention on talkSHITE tomorrow morning.

Newcastle gave it a go but we coped with what they offered and it was a competent performance from Pants.

haydockboy said:
mancity1 said:
Bilboblue said:
Not an Edin fanboi by any stretch of the imagination, but your slating him is uncalled for, at the end of the day, he won us the match with a great assist and a very good finish.

Back to school for YOU not me pal.

He did his bit.

Strikers can be absent for 118 minutes but its what they do in the other 2 minutes that matters.

If Dzeko can score one and assist one every time he plays that's fine by me and I would expect fine by all and sundry unless you have an agenda against him that goes beyond him wearing the City shirt.

A win is a win and that is all that matters when all is said and done.
im actually not a 'dzeko hater' at all, i generally like him, when he works for it, if you tell me he worked hard tonight you are kidding yourself, if you think by sweeping it under the carpet by scoring an extra time winner (he wud have been subbed had jovetic not got injured) is ok, hen thats your choice, but wot happened tonite is our biggest problem since winning the league - attitude, at times its shocking in these kind of fixtures (as our league results this year will tell you), some of the players think theyre too good for the 'second team' but when they get the chance they almost look embarrassed to be playing in such a fixture

I think you're right mate with your final point but I don't think its embarrassment as such. It's not about the fixture either. Also think its a much wider problem than just with certain City players.

Modern day players just don't want to be seen to be trying too hard. As if doing so is beneath them.

TGR said:
oakiecokie said:
TGR said:
oakie the first 100 minutes was absolutely crap! So don't come on here with that crap FFS!

Did I say otherwise ?? No !! I`m talking about the fucking cry babies who come on here crying shit,based on some poor performances tonight.There was fuck all wrong with the team he selected and fuck all wrong with the tactics.However when you see some players actually strolling around the park,don`t blame the Manager.
At the end of the day,we won,played comfortable in extra time,so I can only assume you are another Mancini "inner" so stop fucking blubbering.

What the fuck has Mancini got to do with tonight's game you idiot?
Up till extra time it was rubbish. We got a result and thats great but not exactly world beaters tonight were we?
If you don't believe me then go back and read the match day thread for the first 50 pages or so.

To be fair, nobody have been world beaters this season

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.