Newcastle Vs City C1C Post Match Thread

Re: Newcastle Vs City C1C Post Match Thread

What this showed is that Milner is much better in the middle than out wide.

onceabluealways said:
What this showed is that Milner is much better in the middle than out wide.
We've always known that. But we have other players in the middle

The England manager should take note though

Regarding tonights game. We won away at Newcastle having made 10 changes to our team, and we're in the Q/F of the League Cup. We're looking good to qualify in the Champions League and in our last League match we played better than Chelsea on their own pitch so it's coming together, though you wouldn't have thought it reading Bluemoon these last few days

Imagine if you were a Newcastle fan. That's like us before the takeover, going nowhere. We're so lucky and we forget it so easily

Lucky Toma said:
haydockboy said:
mancity1 said:
He did his bit.

Strikers can be absent for 118 minutes but its what they do in the other 2 minutes that matters.

If Dzeko can score one and assist one every time he plays that's fine by me and I would expect fine by all and sundry unless you have an agenda against him that goes beyond him wearing the City shirt.

A win is a win and that is all that matters when all is said and done.
im actually not a 'dzeko hater' at all, i generally like him, when he works for it, if you tell me he worked hard tonight you are kidding yourself, if you think by sweeping it under the carpet by scoring an extra time winner (he wud have been subbed had jovetic not got injured) is ok, hen thats your choice, but wot happened tonite is our biggest problem since winning the league - attitude, at times its shocking in these kind of fixtures (as our league results this year will tell you), some of the players think theyre too good for the 'second team' but when they get the chance they almost look embarrassed to be playing in such a fixture

I think you're right mate with your final point but I don't think its embarrassment as such. It's not about the fixture either. Also think its a much wider problem than just with certain City players.

Modern day players just don't want to be seen to be trying too hard. As if doing so is beneath them.

Southampton might have something to say about your last paragraph.

That was a result over performance game. Take the result and forget the performance. Job done. The End.

The performance was m'eh for me. A lot of squad players didn't take a big opportunity to shine against a technically good but nothing much else Newcastle team. I feel like our back four has been an ever increasing circle of players since the season started.

On the plus side we go through with a clean sheet.

BillyShears said:
The performance was m'eh for me. A lot of squad players didn't take a big opportunity to shine against a technically good but nothing much else Newcastle team. I feel like our back four has been an ever increasing circle of players since the season started.

And our 100th win in the League Cup. We'll done boys!

BillyShears said:

you could see why Pelle sticks by Garcia tonight.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
BillyShears said:

you could see why Pelle sticks by Garcia tonight.

Two clean sheets in 2 LC games.

OK the opposition front men in both games weren't the type to hammer you from pillar to post but again it shows that if you are organized and the keeper is on his mettle what can be done.

It's not so much the make up of our back four that is the issue rather the way they organize themselves and jell over the course of the game that matters.

Back fours like Southampton's at least to date have shown what an organized well drilled outfit can do against any opposition.

Pubteam Lomas said:
uwe rosler 28 said:
Boyata looks gud needs a run WEMBLEY WEMBLEY!

Totally agree. Thought he was very impressive from start to finish and he was my man of the match.
Thought Milner was excellent when he went in the middle too.
Hope all the England media knobs who don't get Milner saw the pass for Dzeko's goal. Had that been Gerrard or Wilshire they be creaming themselves.
Improved in the second half but was bullied by Ameobi. Will never make it with us he makes a lot of basic mistakes for the EDS.

When I saw the team, I expected Newcastle to go through, in the end injuries forced the manager to play the better players and in the end they were the difference between the teams from the little highlights i've seen.

3 wins away, out of 4, 2 in London, 1 in Moscow, 1 in Newcastle, we've played well in three of them too.

Keep Pantillimon in goal on Saturday.

I've come to the conclusion our squad is not as good as it good be, but its good to have rested some key players and won. None of the starters tonight should start in our strongest team, though a couple may have too while others sort out their form and/or get fit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.