Newcastle Vs City Post match Discussion Thread

Just thought I'd pop on here and send you congrats from tyneside.
Cracking game yesterday but ultimately you just had a bit too much for us in the end.
I've been to both games at the Ethihad and SJP this season and city are the best team we've faced.
I know toure will take the plaudits but I thought Kompany and Clichy were outstanding.
Don't know if you could tell on the telly or up at the top of the leazes end but the city players got applauded from the pitch.
Had to travel up from Leeds for match yesterday and was sat on the train with a few city lads. 1 poor bugger was a nervous wreck,had to settle him down with a couple of Stella's.

Just before I go,spoke to me mates mam last night. She hands hymn books out at the back of St Mary's cathedral in Newcastle and Mancini, Kidd and a couple of city players turned up for mass yesterday morning.
No wonder you won with a bit of Devine intervention and God on your side. Haha

Re: Alan Shearer

davymcfc said:
My first away game was tranmere away in 98. I remember someone had a life size shearer cut out from a lucozade advert wearing a city kit. I know it's not relevant but I still remember it clearly.

That was my first away game too! The guys who had that were running around going "We've signed Shearer! we've signed Shearer!"

Re: There has not been enough stress on....

ELL107T said:
When most people were fretting about the match during the week before-hand, I read something (can't remember if it was on here or Twitter, etc) along the lines of "sometimes champions play like champions"... had to admit I didn't expect it, but then I've been programmed for doom over the years like many others.

Yesterday they played like champions.

I don't want that to be tempting fate or anything, but quite simply we put on a professional performance & did what was needed, stepped it up when required and tightened up at the back - I was immensely proud of them all, but it is still only a step closer.

SOON!!
We did the exact same against the rags aswell and hopefully well do the same on sunday

Re: There has not been enough stress on....

I would say the past 2 games have produced our 2 best performances. If we can perform as well as these 2 games, we'll win.

Howay man said:
Cracking game yesterday but ultimately you just had a bit too much for us in the end.
I've been to both games at the Ethihad and SJP this season and city are the best team we've faced.
I know toure will take the plaudits but I thought Kompany and Clichy were outstanding.
Don't know if you could tell on the telly or up at the top of the leazes end but the city players got applauded from the pitch.
Had to travel up from Leeds for match yesterday and was sat on the train with a few city lads. 1 poor bugger was a nervous wreck,had to settle him down with a couple of Stella's.

Just before I go,spoke to me mates mam last night. She hands hymn books out at the back of St Mary's cathedral in Newcastle and Mancini, Kidd and a couple of city players turned up for mass yesterday morning.
Nice post mate.

Re: Yesterdays Magic Moment

davelyncooper said:
Apart from Yaya it just has to be the city fan at the end of the match dabbing his eyes - simply awesome summed it all up for me.
Do you mean our 'Buzzer'?

Re: Alan Shearer

seemedownkippaxstreet said:
davymcfc said:
My first away game was tranmere away in 98. I remember someone had a life size shearer cut out from a lucozade advert wearing a city kit. I know it's not relevant but I still remember it clearly.

That was my first away game too! The guys who had that were running around going "We've signed Shearer! we've signed Shearer!"
Yeah, I remember everyone was lifting it up and cheering. Was a good day even though we didn't win. Been to plenty of other grounds since but tranmere will always be my first.

Howay man said:

Cheers mate....you lads showed your class by applauding
our players even tho it must have been hurting at the time

good luck getting in the top 4 over them cockney cnuts<br /><br />-- Mon May 07, 2012 4:34 pm --<br /><br />
lukyman said:
davelyncooper said:
Apart from Yaya it just has to be the city fan at the end of the match dabbing his eyes - simply awesome summed it all up for me.
Do you mean our 'Buzzer'?

De Niro?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.