Newcastle Vs City Post Match Thread

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wiq_J5pkRU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wiq_J5pkRU</a>
(zaba's reaction)

"pleanty of newcastle players giving support for samir nasri" ??
then don't try to break his leg in the first place you asehole.

It probably was a goal but I can easily see the referee's thinking. It's certainly not anywhere near as clear cut or controversial as everyone in the media is making out. Could have gone either way. However his decision not to send Mbiwa off was a shocker. Cabaye too.

From the bbc website:

"A player can be ruled offside, even if they do not touch the ball, if they "interfere with an opponent" by "preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent's line of vision or challenging an opponent for the ball."

Law 11 in the FA rulebook

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjX9r8nU8Z4[/youtube]

The midfield enforcer produced a dangerous tackle from behind on Samir Nasri, who was forced off on a stretcher with a suspected ligament injury.

Though the Citizens went on to wrap up the points thanks to a stoppage time strike from Alvaro Negredo, Pellegrini was in no doubt that Mbiwa should have been sent off.

"Yes I think it was a red card. We didn't get any help from the referee today," Pellegrini said in a post-match interview.

"It was a red card all day long.

"I don't know ask referee. Didn't have help. Didn't give goal. Only clear thing that Newcastle could have."

Does that mean he thinks that was a goal?

Wasn't our best performance, but immensely proud of our grit and determination today. As for the geordie's, I never used to mind them, but what a dirty bunch of classless cnuts, they have shown themselves to be. Regardless of the offside decision, they just committed dirty foul, after dirty foul without consequence. Then to boo a player, who's genuinely hurt(badly) thick b@@@@@@s. Nice to see the tackle has been brushed aside already. After De jong's legitimate challenge, that resulted in an unfortunate injury to Ben arfa. There was outrage, Yet that blatant hatchet job, seems to have gone unquestioned. As have a few others, hopefully karma will intervene. Let them have a taste of their own medicine. Anyway, feck them. I hope whining about the offside decision, makes em choke on their brown ale. Onwards and upwards boys, top of the league. ;0)

Get well soon Sammy.

Dubai Blue said:
It probably was a goal but I can easily see the referee's thinking. It's certainly not anywhere near as clear cut or controversial as everyone in the media is making out. Could have gone either way. However his decision not to send Mbiwa off was a shocker. Cabaye too.

Exactly this.

ErnieBilko said:
samharris said:
Surely if a player is in an offside position and he moves out of the way of the ball(which would have hit him) this must be interfering with play..if hed not moved then the ball would have hit him and not gone in and he would have then been flagged for offside..

Right decision imo.

I completely agree.

I remember years ago when Sammy lee played for Liverpool, a liverpool player had a shot from outside the box and sammy lee ducked out of the way of it and it went in..the ref gave it as offside as Lee was in an offside position when the shot was taken...

gmckennasell said:
stony said:
samharris said:
Surely if a player is in an offside position and he moves out of the way of the ball(which would have hit him) this must be interfering with play..if hed not moved then the ball would have hit him and not gone in and he would have then been flagged for offside..

Right decision imo.

If he doesn't move, the ball hits him and doesn't go in. Surely he became active as soon as he dodged out of the way ?

its similiar to throwing a dummy , he feigned to go for the ball then got out of the way , its interfering with play

Some old time manager (Shankly or Clough) said" If you are not interfering with play - you should not be on the field of play"
Agree !!

Anyone have a GIF of Negredo's 'offside' goal in the 4-0? Time to shut up some Geordies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.