Newcastle Vs City post match thread

We have an admirable record at Newcastle, but not one of the games has been easy. In 3 of the last four seasons we have won 2-0 but the second goal has come in stoppage time. Today was fairly typical of these matches. Newcastle showed great spirit, not a little skill, a fair bit of rust and woeful finishing. Whether they would have beaten Joe if they'd had an effort that actually needed saving is thus irrelevant. We were obviously rusty and lacking match sharpness. Many of the players were over-hitting passes and making elementary mistakes, but then remembering who they were and what they do and playing some delightful stuff. Among the Jekyll and Hydes in our team were Merlin, Jovetic, Ya Ya, Clichy and even Vinnie. I had just exploded the immortal line - "Edin looks as though he's in for one of those days where his feet are made for falling over" - when, of course, he controlled Ya Ya's inch perfect pass instantly, and then played that sublime back heel straight into Merlin's stride pattern, excellent control from the magician and a clinical finish! Just shows! But we showed our class and made it count. So, very encouraging for Newcastle but just what the doctor ordered from City.

we played the geordies at the right time , they have half a dozen new signings , and they will be a better team in a couple of months , not many clubs will go to st james park and get 3 points this season , great result , bring on the mickeys.

Regarding the magic spray, I was unsurprised to see the Geordie faithful reach an apoplectic frenzy at mild encroachment. Wonder if the novelty will have worn off by the time we travel to Goodison?

Gabriel said:
Regarding the magic spray, I was unsurprised to see the Geordie faithful reach an apoplectic frenzy at mild encroachment. Wonder if the novelty will have worn off by the time we travel to Goodison?
Lets hope the inane cheering has like the rags were doing yesterday, and I only watched about 10 minutes of their game, mind you the rags had little else to cheer yesterday bless 'em.

JamesMCFC said:
Fernando looks and plays like Fernandinho

Reminds me of these two...

[bigimg]http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100413020307/breakingbad/images/a/a5/Episode-2-Cousins-760.jpg[/bigimg]

And they don't upset the chemistry...

Just got in after some frankly embarrassing attempts at Danny Dyer shit from a few Geordie kids next to St Thomas' church. Thanks to the nice lads at The Back Page memorabilia shop for sheltering one or two peace-loving Blues and for trying to flog us signed copies of Dennis Tueart's autobiography.

Wonderful afternoon out with de niro, Prestwich Blue and co. Lovely, lovely people.

Great result, a great crowd and a great start to the season.

BL2blue said:
I thought it was a very good performance by us and a great result. I reckon this season we will improve our defensive record from last season.

Best players for me were Clichy, Kolarov, Dzeko & Kompany. I was a bit disappointed with Jovetic, gave the ball away a few times and also shooting when others were better placed. Probably just trying to impress too much, especially as Sergio looks almost fully fit. If that man can stay fit for the whole season, anything is possible !

Considering the lack of match fitness of many of our players, I too thought it was a very good, professional performance. Newcastle were 'up for it', gave it a real go and harried and pressed our players throughout the match.

Both goals were class. The little backheel from Edin was superb and Merlin took his chance very well. It's nice to see Silva being a bit more clinical in front of goal, and although there's never a bad time to score, it came at a very good time for us, especially as the Toon were threatening themselves at the time.

I said to the Better Half that there are very few players who could have done what Sergio did today; he was back on his feet so quickly and put the ball away with his right after having used his left foot for the initial shot.

I thought Fernando looked very good and he seemingly adapted to the speed of the game very well. I can see all three of Fernando, Fernandinho and YaYa all starting against the mourners. YaYa was very quiet in the first half, but came much more into the game after half-time.

VK and MD were their usual imperious selves at the the back. Mangala will have to be very good to displace either of them, which is very good news.

Stevan looked sharp, though his passing could have been better. If he can stay fit, he will improve and that too can only be a good thing. Edin was great. He was all over the pitch and really looked as if he was out to impress. His MotM award was fully deserved, IMHO.

All-in-all, a good day and we will only improve as the players get more match fitness under their belts. Enjoy the ride, Blues.

Dzeko was great today.

He has continued to improve under MP. He used to be one dimensional. Now he gets involved in some great link up play. I'd read that he used to be a distributor before he sprouted, and was moved to striker. I can see it. Combine those qualities with his improved ability to hold up for the team, and his contribution defensively on set pieces, and he really continues to become a complete footballer.

Sat with the Geordies so had to sit on my hands a bit. Enjoyed the match and agree about Dzeko and Fernando being great. Thought the ref was poor, lost count of our bookings for nothing (could cost us later in the season) and the none giving of free kicks. Had good banter with those around me and they appreciated our contribution to the remembrance. Met a couple at the station wearing Newcastle kits (from York) little kid in City kit. His first match and loved it. Speaking to parents they said all his mates support City as well....

Unbelievable, a Yellow card for a player running into you WTF how VK kept his cool with that one i'll never know.

Good game that IMO, I don't see many teams coming away from St James park with 3 points if they play like they did today against them.

Aguero Wow!! striker instincts kicked in today with that finish, Dzeko MOTM for me today.

Makes ribbing the rags at work tomorrow much more fun.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.