Newcastle Vs City post match thread

Didsbury Dave said:
I appear to be he only one who thought we were a long way from our best yesterday, I thought we were extremely sloppy at times, gifting them possession, and we only played with tempo in very short bursts. Having said that, it was a great result and I expect us to get better and better.

No you're not. I thought we still looked a bit pre-seasonish and was glad it was Newcastle that we played where we always do well. We didn't play badly by any means but looked very rusty.

warringtonblue said:
Great result yesterday, other than a few hairy moments towards the end, looked in complete control

My only concern is the referees seem to dish out yellow cards to us for challenges that the opposition get away with, 5 yellows yesterday was way out of order in context of the type of game it was
Looking at Gareth Barry on Saturday, if he'd have still been playing for us he'd have been sent off

Watched a great many Everton matches last season, and a weekly feature was Gareth Barry escaping a booking. Long thought English players are shown a degree of leeway that players of other nationalities do not enjoy. A case in point yesterday was a tackle Milner put in that, given his performance, Atkinson could have easily booked. Instead it was a quiet word and the card stayed in his pocket.

Didsbury Dave said:
I appear to be he only one who thought we were a long way from our best yesterday, I thought we were extremely sloppy at times, gifting them possession, and we only played with tempo in very short bursts. Having said that, it was a great result and I expect us to get better and better.

No i think quite a few people think we were far from our best. Im not overly worried we weren't great as we know we will improve a huge amount on yesterday and the result was still fantastic. Sometimes teams come out flying in August and by Nov / Dec they are spent and suffer. Hopefully we have enough to get us through these first 6 tough games and by that point we will be back to our sharp selves.

Looks like we have converted someone already
<a class="postlink" href="http://babb.telegraph.co.uk/2014/08/is-this-the-worst-fan-in-football-history/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://babb.telegraph.co.uk/2014/08/is- ... l-history/</a>

There were some brief passages of good play from City, which combined with strong defending won us the game.

Every team seemed to be a little bit below par and with City having a lot of players involved in the World Cup it was an impressive result. I was notable that Pellegrini stressed the importance of attitude in all the post-match interviews I have come across.

It's a bit annoying that we play Liverpool so soon. I'd like another couple of weeks as it's going to take us a few games to approach 100%

Gabriel said:
warringtonblue said:
Great result yesterday, other than a few hairy moments towards the end, looked in complete control

My only concern is the referees seem to dish out yellow cards to us for challenges that the opposition get away with, 5 yellows yesterday was way out of order in context of the type of game it was
Looking at Gareth Barry on Saturday, if he'd have still been playing for us he'd have been sent off

Watched a great many Everton matches last season, and a weekly feature was Gareth Barry escaping a booking. Long thought English players are shown a degree of leeway that players of other nationalities do not enjoy. A case in point yesterday was a tackle Milner put in that, given his performance, Atkinson could have easily booked. Instead it was a quiet word and the card stayed in his pocket.
Strongly agree with that especially in connection with Barry. He is constantly late but gets away with so much.

Marvin said:
There were some brief passages of good play from City, which combined with strong defending won us the game.

Every team seemed to be a little bit below par and with City having a lot of players involved in the World Cup it was an impressive result. I was notable that Pellegrini stressed the importance of attitude in all the post-match interviews I have come across.

It's a bit annoying that we play Liverpool so soon. I'd like another couple of weeks as it's going to take us a few games to approach 100%

By all accounts, Liverpool were pretty rusty too.

Played ok in patches but never felt we were going to lose this game. Other than a few dodgy moments we defended the box pretty well and showed some good commitment in that area. Lots of room to sharpen up on - some of the balls played out to the wings were very sloppy and Kola and Jovetic getting in each others way in a good area was painful to see. Big shout for Edin though who was pretty good at the stuff he normally gets criticised for doing poorly.

Didsbury Dave said:

We'll be on our game for the first match of the Champions Lge.

Players were told to not over exert - it was another pre-season type performance. As you say we'll get better.

Not so sure Newcastle are as good as some posters think though. I think they'll struggle.

Delighted with the 3 points. Off & running (well nearly running) ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.