Newcastle Vs City Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gray said:
I hope MP gets it right for this one, another heavy defeat would not be the way to start the season.

Players need to play with passion and commitment as well , whowever the 11 are.

We all know that if our side clicks and is switched on above the shoulders its highly likely we will end up on the right side of the scoresheet come 96 minutes of football.

Our record at St James Park is second to none since we changed owners so in the mind set of the playing group we have the advantage.

New players at Newcastle and a new season combined with the fact that their schedule and pre season has been smoother than ours are negatives for us but I expect to win and there is no excuse if we don't.

---------------------Hart

Sagna---Kompany--Nastasic---Kolarov

-------------------Fernando-----

---Silva-----Yaya----Fernandinho--Nasri

----------------------Jovetic------

Subs
Caballero
Clichy
Boyata
Lampard/Zucullini
Milner
Navas
Dzeko

Conserving our energy and best players for the big KO.

The team that faces Newcastle will bear very little resemblance to the team yesterday.

C'mon City!

Best xi possible
I don't buy into this resting crap of yesterday's game. The world cup finished weeks ago. He needs to sort it out or esle the mistakes of two years ago and last year will happen again.

Newcastle have bought well this summer and will be "out for revenge" after the "injustice" at St. James' Park last season, and while we have enough quality to win the game almost by default, a lot of our first team won't be match-fit and won't be for another week or two.

I'll take a 1-1.

BLUEMATT23 said:
Best xi possible
I don't buy into this resting crap of yesterday's game. The world cup finished weeks ago. He needs to sort it out or esle the mistakes of two years ago and last year will happen again.
you mean the mistakes that won us our first ever domestic double?

ElanJo said:
---------------------Hart

Sagna---Kompany--Nastasic---Kolarov

-------------------Fernando-----

---Silva-----Yaya----Fernandinho--Nasri

----------------------Jovetic------

Subs
Caballero
Clichy
Boyata
Lampard/Zucullini
Milner
Navas
Dzeko

Would love to think this would work but think we will need a physical presence or a bit of pace up top so for me dzeko has to play.

Hi guys, i'm from toonforum.co.uk and we like to ask opposition fans a set of questions to use in our pre match build up. As i can't make a new thread, i'll though i'd post them in here, but if a mod could move this to it's own thread, that would be great. Anyway we are grateful for anyone who take the time to respond.

1) Where do you think you'll finish this season? What about Newcastle?
2) New signings you think will make the biggest/smallest impact for both clubs?
3) What young players could make an impact?
4) Who is your most important player?
5) Which one picture relating to City encapsulates how you feel about your club?
6) If your club was an footballer, who would it be and why?
7) How do you see your team fairing in the Champions League this year?
8) Just how important is it that Aguero stays fit this year?
9) Dzeko or Negredo?
10) Do you think Lampard will get much game time for you before he leaves in January?

Thanks in advance!

I doubt Aguero will be traveling to Newcastle, if I remember correctly Pellegrini spoke about him during his press conference before the Community Shield mentioning that he will be undergoing a three week pre-season, so if you add in the week that has just been he has two weeks left before the club will assess if he is ready I would imagine.

I don't think we will see Sergio until the Liverpool game and even then I think we will only see him on the bench.

I really don't think we should play him until the club can guarantee that he is 100% ready to play because Aguero really could be the difference in us winning something this year or not, he is that good.

His record in the big games is very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.