News Conference

tonethestone said:
Cheltblue said:
If Adebayor is out, it makes even more of a mockery of buying an injured RSC imo.

I beleiev Adebayor was bought to step in as target man in the absence of Santa Cruz!

not sure about it being a mockery. but if he out, and with others upfront struggling, could be a bit dicey upfront Sat.

Dont you think a policy of buying only players who are fit would alleviate the problem he will now face on Saturday?

Matty said:
Secondly, our defence last season was shambolic, we conceded 50 goals in the Premiership, no-one else in the top 10 conceded more. Toure will improve us, but not enough. Disaster wasn't too strong a phrase to use at all, we've all know it's the defence that needs attention, so to add a backup keeper, a midfielder, 3 strikers and a centre half isn't going to cut it when it comes to preventing goals at the back.

Toure comes in and Dunne goes out - everyone accepts that. So if Lescott comes in I presume that Ned goes out. I know it is a squad game but just talking first choice back 4. I think the jury will be split on whether Ned should be "relegated" to the bench and several would rather not sign Lescott if it meant this (i'm not one of them).

If Bridge Ned Toure Zab/Micah isn't good enough I'd say the weakest position of the 4 is Right back. We have added Given Toure and Bridge to the back 4 in the past 7/8 months. Can't grumble too much with that.

I keep saying this there's nothing wrong with the defence its the system! (Brian horton type system) I don't like looking back but under sven didn't we have one of the best defences in the premier? and who was it in that defence? you all know that ITS THE BLOODY SYSTEM! we could have world eleven back four and we still will let goals in.

Tricky_Trev said:
Gutted that Ade could be out. Looks like we are going to be lacking "physical presence" yet again upfront, with no Ade and no RSC. There's 3 options for the front 3 now really, and it depends on whether Tevez is fit enough to start:

..................Bellamy..............
....Robinho..................SWP...

OR

..................Tevez.................
....Robinho................Bellamy...

OR

..................Tevez.................
....Robinho...................SWP....

Which do we go for? Personally, i'd go for Robinho-Tevez-Bellamy, providing Carlos is fit enough.

plenty of hight up top then! lol

I know my memory is not always spot-on, but I can't seem to recall a close season when as many 'injured' players were transferred for big money. RSC especially, and didn't Middlesboro sell Stewart Downing to Villa, and he's out until Christmas. Add Aquilani at Liverpool and Kolo Toure still not 100%....

Maybe the next press conference will be saying 'we've got a fully fit squad' but somehow I can't see it.

Cheltblue said:
Dont you think a policy of buying only players who are fit would alleviate the problem he will now face on Saturday?

Weren't Toure, Adebayor, Barry, Tevez and Taylor fit when we signed them ?

(Ok tevez had a bruised heel but it was stated that had it been something he picked up in the season he would have had a jab and played, we were resting it when he slipped in the shower aggrevating it further)

stop flapping people we can still win against Blackburn...have faith.

we don't know the extent of the injury as he has not returned back as yet !!!

Matt Diablo said:
Yes I've watched every game and v Blacburn it will not be a disaster... typical over flapping bollox... if we lose on sat. i shudder to think of the screaming bitches who will be on here....
He wasn't saying the Blackburn game would be a disaster, he was saying entering the season, after the window has closed, with no more defensive additions would be a disaster, and I agree.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.