Next academy stars?

I'm a referee & regularly officiate at the CFA doing u16s/u18's level, so have seen alot of these players come through the ranks.

Observations I've made after reffing a couple u18 pre season games in recent weeks:

- Reigan Heskey is a brilliant player, plays off the left wing and knows where the net is - will go a long way if he carries on.
- Dunbar-Mcdonald is also fantastic. Plays on the opposite wing to Reigan, so skillful, great with both feet and is absolutely rapid. Similar style of play to Joel Ndala who we have just loaned to PSV
- Floyd Samba is also one to watch, plays in the 8 & is a great ball carrier. Strong as an Ox too.

Will update throughout the season as I officiate these guys more regularly.

Liked the look of Reigan Heskey right away when I saw him for the youth teams last season, if I were to guess I'd say our club mainly took his brother Jaden on (who has looked decent himself) because of how talented Reigan is.

Heard very exciting things about Floyd Samba someone I know who has seen him reckons he's like a mini Yaya Toure, told he's built like a tank but has amazing qualities not surprising about his physical size as his dad Christopher was absolutely massive, heard young Floyd is technically superb though so hopefully he still manages to stand out as others around him grow more physical.

Keep an eye out for Gambian wonder kid Wahab Dampha. Impressing all at City at the moment.
His name didn't ring a bell but having done a quick google search, I have reffed him several times in the last few weeks.

He is currently playing for City Select u16s (like the feeder squad to the academy).

Looked great in the games so far, quick and skillful & scores for fun.

Won't be long before he is in the proper 16's squad i'd imagine.

His name didn't ring a bell but having done a quick google search, I have reffed him several times in the last few weeks.

He is currently playing for City Select u16s (like the feeder squad to the academy).

Looked great in the games so far, quick and skillful & scores for fun.

Won't be long before he is in the proper 16's squad i'd imagine.
Yeah....apparently he scores for fun. The guy that mentors him gave me the tip...he reckons he could be a big star at City soon. Got to get through the trials first...

Been in Spain for a week during the international break, we had a drink with one night with a Leeds fan and his wife.He is a season ticket holder who also watched their Academy teams.He raved about Finley Gorman, the kid we signed last year. One of his mates worked for the club and he told him Gorman was a generational talent and he was a certainty to represent England at senior level , one day.

Hope nobody says he isn't a wonderkid, be a real shame to see them put a Dampha-ner on things.
Sorry going to have to. Generally if your that good your arse wouldn’t touch the select group, so unless I’m missing some reason he’s being held in the select then the wonder kid tag could be slightly premature.

Sorry going to have to. Generally if your that good your arse wouldn’t touch the select group, so unless I’m missing some reason he’s being held in the select then the wonder kid tag could be slightly premature.

He played last night for the 16s select, scored 2 & assisted 1 in a 5-0 win over Scunthorpe.

If I can add abit more info on your point above.. Wahab has recently moved to the UK from Gambia and this is standard protocol when joining City. They look to embed them in via the Select group initially over the first few months, and then when various paperwork/visa issues have been sorted out they shift them into the proper academy if good enough.

Wahab has already been trialed in the 16s Academy in recent weeks.

He played last night for the 16s select, scored 2 & assisted 1 in a 5-0 win over Scunthorpe.

If I can add abit more info on your point above.. Wahab has recently moved to the UK from Gambia and this is standard protocol when joining City. They look to embed them in via the Select group initially over the first few months, and then when various paperwork/visa issues have been sorted out they shift them into the proper academy if good enough.

Wahab has already been trialed in the 16s Academy in recent weeks.
You could be right mate. I’ve not been around it for a few years but makes sense regards paperwork. Joel Ndala was a similar find but was straight into full academy, but he came via port vale from Congo I beleive. I imagine if he’s that good paperwork will be rushed before other suitors come knocking

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.