Next Captain

Kolo is a well organizer at the back. Giving him the captain armband is the right decision IMHO.

Might have a song here, captain Kolo to the theme tune of Captain Scarlet

here's the Captain scarlet words

Captain Scarlet,
He's the one who knows the Mysteron Game,
And things that they plan.

Captain Scarlet,
To his Martian foes a dangerous name,
A superman.

They crash him, and his body may burn,
They smash him. But they know he'll return,
To live again.

Captain Scarlet,
As the Angels are flying wing to wing,
Into the scene, Spectrum Is Green.

Captain Scarlet,
Though the Mysteron's plan to conquer the earth,
This indestructible man will show what he's worth.
Captain Scarlet

Who can come up with the best song?

I agree that in an ideal world the captain would have earned the right to be so over a period, however, when you consider that 8 of our starting 11 last night (excluding SWP as it's his second spell) have been at the club less than a year, and of that 8 5 were signed in the summer, then earning the right has to be secondary to giving it to the best man for the job irrespective of his time at the club.

bluebarn said:
I agree that in an ideal world the captain would have earned the right to be so over a period, however, when you consider that 8 of our starting 11 last night (excluding SWP as it's his second spell) have been at the club less than a year, and of that 8 5 were signed in the summer, then earning the right has to be secondary to giving it to the best man for the job irrespective of his time at the club.

Abit like when Morrison captained us in Div 2

Tricky_Trev said:
In my honest opinion, Barry is not vocal enough to be captain. He's in the "lead by example" category of captains, but i prefer captains to be organisers. Despite him only just walking through the door, Toure has been commanding everyone, encouraging everyone, bollocking those that need to be bollocked, etc. I think he's a great captain. Barry will no doubt be vice-captain.

i do tend to agree with this and the news that came out of the club at the time kolo signed sort of backed this up

when barry signed there was no news of dressing room changes, attitude changes and winning mentalities.....where as when kolo signed, it was the first things mentioned by our management and fellow players when interviewed

kolo is very vocal and has an aura of natural respect and command about him; simply a born leader

Barry or if he ends up a regular Kompany.
Given is a fine keeper but he can't even command his own area , let alone a whole team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.