Next Captain

Do we have a vice captain? We have had 4 different captains already this season, and it can't be very settling for the team.

Dunne
Given
De Jong
Toure

Surely it would be better just to have a vice captain for when Toure is injured, suspended or on international duty!

Anyone else think this could be a good idea?

A load of names have been mentioned for captain like Kompany, Barry, Ireland, NDJ etc... but no one's said Bellers. To me the only 2 leaders at the club are Given and Bellamy, you could see this against Burnley and in a few other games this season. Bellamy has experience as captain for his country, he's very vocal on and off the pitch and is willing to give players a bollocking which is needed sometimes. He would definitely lead by example and I think is the perfect choice for captain.

Apparently Kolo is quite quiet as well, so he could work on sorting out the rest of the defence where we've been shite and this would be one less thing for him to worry about.

There was a bit in the paper today about after the Burnley match in the changing room, he had a right go at the back 4 even Toure, which tbh they deserved and MH and the coaching staff agreed he was right and was happy to have a player with some fire in his belly. He's also been our best player this season so I think it all makes sense.

Discuss...

A no from me as well. I think a captain should be a midfield player if possible but we haven't really got one who could take it up. Possibly Kompany as he reads the game well.

its hard to pick a captain when your team alternates so much, but if i had to i would of gone for barry, he was a great captain at villa and has the respect of all the city players, i thought toure was the wrong choice from the start!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.