Next Captain

cleavers said:
Funny thing, but I'm happy with Toure, replacement while he is away I'd gor for De Jong or Barry whichever is playing on the day. Wouldn't let Bellamy anywhere near it, decent player but NO to captain, way too petulent.

Really? I think Toure is too much like Distin was as captain -we need someone who is vocal and leads from the front. On recent form Toure shouldn't even be guaranteed his place in the team. De Jong for me, Given perhaps as vice captain (although there a re problems with keepers being captain, he is vocal and will be ever present). Bellamy is way to petulant and is an enemy of referees and opposition fans - perhaps it would calm him down a bit but I doubt it.

There is a light said:
cleavers said:
Funny thing, but I'm happy with Toure, replacement while he is away I'd gor for De Jong or Barry whichever is playing on the day. Wouldn't let Bellamy anywhere near it, decent player but NO to captain, way too petulent.

Really? I think Toure is too much like Distin was as captain -we need someone who is vocal and leads from the front. On recent form Toure shouldn't even be guaranteed his place in the team. De Jong for me, Given perhaps as vice captain (although there a re problems with keepers being captain, he is vocal and will be ever present). Bellamy is way to petulant and is an enemy of referees and opposition fans - perhaps it would calm him down a bit but I doubt it.

Fact is, Toure is not a good captain. By losing his captaincy may help him to become the great defender we all know he can be. A the other end of the scale. Bellers as club captain, may help him to cool his tempestuous demeanour towards the referees.

Bellamy is a good choice. My other choice would be Given, he is a proper leader, in the last minute of today's game, we got a corner and he had to sprint to the half way line just to tell Toure - who's meant to be the captain - to tell the rest of the team to keep it in the corner and waste time. Toure shouldn't have to be told off Given what to do.

The issue with Bellamy is I'm sure he will have doubts about him playing week in week out, my guess would be DeJong, but don't forget it's much more common in Italy for keepers to be captains so I wouldn't rule out Shay.

Lmarkham-blueblood said:
barry of course! proven prem captain!

Of a poor villa side, who seem to be playing better now he's gone.

Bellamy can't play two games a week so he'd be no good as captain.

I'd personally go for Dejong, but I think Roberto will bring in a leader and captain in January !!!!!!!!

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Were he made of cast iron or reinforced concrete, my first choice, but I feel he will not be an ever present when most of Hughes tenure someone has needed a bollocking one way or the other.

????? what???

salfordblue-tony2 said:
Lmarkham-blueblood said:
barry of course! proven prem captain!

Of a poor villa side, who seem to be playing better now he's gone.

Bellamy can't play two games a week so he'd be no good as captain.

I'd personally go for Dejong, but I think Roberto will bring in a leader and captain in January !!!!!!!!

i would agree that de-jongs a smart lad. but after barry i would have given, but due to his lack of mobility around the pitch i would have to agee with you

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.