Next Captain

trueblue09 said:
robinho. he has a never say die attitude and is a great leader imho.

and that de jong better but some heart in for our club other wise hes gone.:P

-- Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:43 am --

na on a serious note tho why hasnt anyone gone for NIGEL DE JONG??? fucking gareth barry that im so shit i cant do anything wanker can go play for fc scum.

Young and ignorant?

Barry is so important to capello, yet you think he's shite? Deary me!

Barry SHOULD be our captain..

all those who want NDJ ought to realise that he will struggle to make the 1st eleven next season (Modern Day Nicky Reid)... watch this space!!!

Gareth Barry should be installed as Captain .

He is highly respected amongst his team-mates and has a calm re-assuring presence. Gone are the days when a skipper needs to be ranting and raving all the time . What is needed is level-headed guidance and advice .

He is very experienced and knows the Premier League inside out .

For me the Captaincy would bring him out of his shell a bit and give him the confidence to really blossom .

We certainly don't need a kamikazi pilot like de-jong as Captain , he would just annoy everyone .

levets said:
trueblue09 said:
robinho. he has a never say die attitude and is a great leader imho.

and that de jong better but some heart in for our club other wise hes gone.:P

-- Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:43 am --

na on a serious note tho why hasnt anyone gone for NIGEL DE JONG??? fucking gareth barry that im so shit i cant do anything wanker can go play for fc scum.

Young and ignorant?

all those who want NDJ ought to realise that he will struggle to make the 1st eleven next season (Modern Day Nicky Reid)... watch this space!!!
TBF Levets Barry is so important to England because you have an extremely limited pool of players to choose from, he'd be a squad player at best for any side with serious aspirations of winning the WC.

As for being City's captain, he doesn't look one ounce a leader on the pitch, of the current squad only VK and NDJ stick out as possibilities.

sweep said:
levets said:
Young and ignorant?

TBF Levets Barry is so important to England because you have an extremely limited pool of players to choose from, he'd be a squad player at best for any side with serious aspirations of winning the WC.

As for being City's captain, he doesn't look one ounce a leader on the pitch, of the current squad only VK and NDJ stick out as possibilities.

Barry is so important to England because you have an extremely limited pool of players to choose from
==========================
Wish our midfield was so 'limited'. can't agree there mate! Also, barry was Villa captain, so he knows whats required... Lescott would also be a good choice!

levets said:
sweep said:

Barry is so important to England because you have an extremely limited pool of players to choose from
Wish our midfield was so 'limited'. can't agree there mate! Also, barry was Villa captain, so he knows whats required... Lescott would also be a good choice!
Our midfield last season was limited, not by national restrictions, but by who the previous manager buy, it has to improve next season.

No sure who Villa's captain was last season but judging by league finishing position losing Barry (their leader and best player according to some) didn't appear to hurt them, that says a lot to me.

sweep said:
levets said:
Our midfield last season was limited, not by national restrictions, but by who the previous manager buy, it has to improve next season.

No sure who Villa's captain was last season but judging by league finishing position losing Barry (their leader and best player according to some) didn't appear to hurt them, that says a lot to me.

Not sure how that proves anything but if you want to look at it like that you could say the same for us losing Dunne. I can understand how you'd like to see Kompany as captain but not so sure where De Jong comes into it.

blue_bird said:
sweep said:

Not sure how that proves anything but if you want to look at it like that you could say the same for us losing Dunne. I can understand how you'd like to see Kompany as captain but not so sure where De Jong comes into it.

NDJ will be a squad player at best... I'm not sure mancini rates him so highly... I can see why not to be honest

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.