Next Captain

levets said:
blue_bird said:
Not sure how that proves anything but if you want to look at it like that you could say the same for us losing Dunne. I can understand how you'd like to see Kompany as captain but not so sure where De Jong comes into it.

NDJ will be a squad player at best... I'm not sure mancini rates him so highly... I can see why not to be honest
In NDJ and VK I see similar leadership traits, geeing up and more importantly organising, displayed on the field, Barry really looks like he is best concentrating on his own game.

As for who'll be a regular next season, I wouldn't like to guess and wouldn't be upset if neither of them were. I think there's little to choose between them technically, Barry's passing is slightly better on his day but on the other hand his passing is less consistent game to game, NDJ is slightly more mobile and certainly more consistent.

sweep said:
levets said:
NDJ will be a squad player at best... I'm not sure mancini rates him so highly... I can see why not to be honest
In NDJ and VK I see similar leadership traits, geeing up and more importantly organising, displayed on the field, Barry really looks like he is best concentrating on his own game.

As for who'll be a regular next season, I wouldn't like to guess and wouldn't be upset if neither of them were. I think there's little to choose between them technically, Barry's passing is slightly better on his day but on the other hand his passing is less consistent game to game, NDJ is slightly more mobile and certainly more consistent.

Hmmm... take no notice of those stats mate... they don't take into account the number of passes that effect nothing... ie sideways... NDJ slightly more mobile???? Barry must be stood still then LOL... Thats my biggest gripe with NDJ... static and doesn't get forward.

levets said:
sweep said:

Hmmm... take no notice of those stats mate... they don't take into account the number of passes that effect nothing... ie sideways... NDJ slightly more mobile???? Barry must be stood still then LOL... Thats my biggest gripe with NDJ... static and doesn't get forward.
I haven't quoted any stats mate although to expand on your point, I don't see Barry passing forward to much effect very often, I do see him passing a teammate into a tight spot fairly regularly, you'll rarely see DeJong do that, his passes may go sideways but we're pretty much guaranteed to keep possesion from them. NDJ ain't the most mobile but yes Barry looks painfully slow. As I said earlier, I don't think there's much between them technically but I think NDJ appears more of a natural leader on the field.

With all our targets, it would be pretty amazing if Kolo was still in he team, so who could it be? Kompany? Barry? Lescott? de Jong? That's if they still start...

Hopefully Kompany after his perfromances this year but I think he may well be considered too young for the job. Hope it isn't Kolo as he really won't be playing as many games next season considering we have Boateng now.

This position has been woefully overlooked at City for a long time. It's vital we get this right – at the moment we don't have any candidates that can do the job as it should be done IMO, having said that I am very old-fashioned.

Kinky by name said:
This position has been woefully overlooked at City for a long time. It's vital we get this right – at the moment we don't have any candidates that can do the job as it should be done IMO, having said that I am very old-fashioned.

Spot on mate.

Sadly lacking of real leadership on the pitch but as you rightly say, not many old fashioned 'captains' about these days.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.