Next Captain

Couple of points:

Imagine Kompany AND Vidic at City...frightening. Would we ever concede?

Imagine the next World Cup with him at the helm of a bright, young and talented Belgian national team. They are going to become a force very soon.

.......is the moment we moved on as a club

i loved vinnie since he arrived
a quality player who gives his all for the club, added to his obvious intelligence

i remember how gutted he was at the semi final at the swamp, you could see then etched into his face was intent not to let it happen again

had vinnie not been injured for the first part of last season, we would have strolled fourth place

Greyco said:
mike o said:
They love him now.

When he was younger he was a nightmare,similar to Balotelli as Dave said

Lol, not at all similar to Balotelli. I guess your Belgian mates are Brugge-fans who've loathed Kompany because he came from the Anderlecht-academy, their hated rivals.
Kompany was very respected at a young age because he talked so much sense and was mature beyond his years which earned him invitations of multiple variety-talkshows on Belgian TV-stations. For most neutral fans, like me, Kompany was always in highregard.

Kompany came in the Belgian side aged 17 or 18 and came in the worst Belgian side in history outshining all of the old guard immediatly. Some of these old hands didn't take to kindly to the fact being in the shadow of a kid and started making a fuzz because Kompany didn't wear a tie like the rest of them with his suit and other minor issues.
Kompany was the first of this new 'gold'-generation of young Belgians breaking through and some of the older hands seemed to have problems with the interest of the public in these new young superstars so a couple of years ago all kind of stories were leaking out. Things that normally wouldn't leave the dressing room. Clearly some of these disgruntled old players tried via the media to influence the public opinion. Anyway just look up the nutcase Stijnen. The national goalie of a few years ago recently fired by his team Club Brugge because he was activily posting on a fanforum under an alias boasting about himself and talking shit about the young goalie who he had lost his place to.

They are from Brugge haha

They love him now but when we signed kept saying hes a trouble causer!

Cheers for the info

Pigeonho said:
Mine too. Not just that, it was the way he went out training on that Wembley Tunnel video, leading the lads out with his chest puffed out. He looks the part and I hope he keeps it.

That vid from the tunnel cam shows Vinny to be a real leader.

The pride he showed when leading us out at Wembley says it all. If you look at the kid to his right, he sensed that and responded naturally to Vinnies mojo by proudly holding up the club flag/banner thing as they walked on to the pitch. If that little kid felt it, imagine what that does to his team mates!!! We gotta try and bottle that shi*!!!

Amazing moment for me!!!

The%20handshake.ashx

A picture paints a thousand words.

mike o said:

Cheers for the info

This has been taken very much out of context. The only time Vinnie really caused some trouble is when HSV wanted him to come back early from the Olympic Games (Belgium made it to the semis) and he didn't want to.
There were some issues with lateness and some issues with the national team (although you can take that last one with a pinch of salt as the "accusers" there turned out to be the real troublemakers.)

Comparing him to that nutjob Balotelli is like comparing Einstein to Wayne Rooney when it comes to intelligence.

FinnieMc said:
mike o said:

Cheers for the info

This has been taken very much out of context. The only time Vinnie really caused some trouble is when HSV wanted him to come back early from the Olympic Games (Belgium made it to the semis) and he didn't want to.
There were some issues with lateness and some issues with the national team (although you can take that last one with a pinch of salt as the "accusers" there turned out to be the real troublemakers.)

Comparing him to that nutjob Balotelli is like comparing Einstein to Wayne Rooney when it comes to intelligence.

All i know is that i saw an interview with Kompany on Soccer AM and he said he was a nightmare and wasn't well liked when he was younger even by himself.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.