Next Captain

Didsbury Dave said:
Something I saw in the MEN struck me as very interesting.

5 minutes before the game apparently Vinny asked everyone to leave the changing room including the manager. He then had a talk to the players.

I would love to know what he said. Now that's leadership.

Inspiring stuff, Especially considering his age. Hes obviously a natural leader of men.

Would love to know what was said at half time as Nigel spoke about heated words and Yaya being emotional.<br /><br />-- Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:21 pm --<br /><br />
WNRH said:
another thing to point out, Kompany was an immature idiot that wasn't well liked when he was Balotelli's age................

Yep, got mates from Belgium who say he was a nightmare.

I have always been a fan of Samba football so I was so excited to land Robinho, however, the day Robinho started acting out I was immediately drawn to Vincent Kompany. His calmness(in the midfield at the time) and ability on the ball are what stood out to me. The fact he plays with so much heart and never complains, yet cost us just £6 million makes him one of the best deals ever. Easily my favorite player in the squad.

It's a shame Dunne couldn't have had him around during his tenure, might have made an unstoppable tandem.

mike o said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Something I saw in the MEN struck me as very interesting.

5 minutes before the game apparently Vinny asked everyone to leave the changing room including the manager. He then had a talk to the players.

I would love to know what he said. Now that's leadership.

Inspiring stuff, Especially considering his age. Hes obviously a natural leader of men.

Would love to know what was said at half time as Nigel spoke about heated words and Yaya being emotional.

-- Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:21 pm --

WNRH said:
another thing to point out, Kompany was an immature idiot that wasn't well liked when he was Balotelli's age................

Met quite a few Belgians over the course of last year and they all said he was well respected over there.

Bluebird1 said:
Vinnie is totally awesome and I would love him to be Captain.

He was at the Bredbury OSC's meeting on Wednesday. He was asked what the players thought of the fans doing the Poznan and they thought it was brilliant. He was also asked to get the players, Mancini etc to do the Poznan when we won which he did (so that stops the confusion about him or Lescott) :-)
Joe Hart was asked to instigate it at the Poynton meeting last Thursday last.

The plot thickens!!! who is the mystery poznan starter??

Tuearts right boot said:
mike o said:

Would love to know what was said at half time as Nigel spoke about heated words and Yaya being emotional.

-- Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:21 pm --

Met quite a few Belgians over the course of last year and they all said he was well respected over there.

They love him now.

When he was younger he was a nightmare,similar to Balotelli as Dave said

vincent should be captain from now on, regardless of tevez's hamstring injury it is totally disrepectful to the fans and the players that as club captain he was not at wembley.Although he is our top scorer, if imo he gets over the injury before the final he should not play,barring injuries the eleven who got us their start.

mike o said:
Tuearts right boot said:

They love him now.

Lol, not at all similar to Balotelli. I guess your Belgian mates are Brugge-fans who've loathed Kompany because he came from the Anderlecht-academy, their hated rivals.
Kompany was very respected at a young age because he talked so much sense and was mature beyond his years which earned him invitations of multiple variety-talkshows on Belgian TV-stations. For most neutral fans, like me, Kompany was always in highregard.

Kompany came in the Belgian side aged 17 or 18 and came in the worst Belgian side in history outshining all of the old guard immediatly. Some of these old hands didn't take to kindly to the fact being in the shadow of a kid and started making a fuzz because Kompany didn't wear a tie like the rest of them with his suit and other minor issues.
Kompany was the first of this new 'gold'-generation of young Belgians breaking through and some of the older hands seemed to have problems with the interest of the public in these new young superstars so a couple of years ago all kind of stories were leaking out. Things that normally wouldn't leave the dressing room. Clearly some of these disgruntled old players tried via the media to influence the public opinion. Anyway just look up the nutcase Stijnen. The national goalie of a few years ago recently fired by his team Club Brugge because he was activily posting on a fanforum under an alias boasting about himself and talking shit about the young goalie who he had lost his place to.

Greyco said:
mike o said:
They love him now.

Lol, not at all similar to Balotelli. I guess your Belgian mates are Brugge-fans who've loathed Kompany because he came from the Anderlecht-academy, their hated rivals.
Kompany was very respected at a young age because he talked so much sense and was mature beyond his years which earned him invitations of multiple variety-talkshows on Belgian TV-stations. For most neutral fans, like me, Kompany was always in highregard.

Kompany came in the Belgian side aged 17 or 18 and came in the worst Belgian side in history outshining all of the old guard immediatly. Some of these old hands didn't take to kindly to the fact being in the shadow of a kid and started making a fuzz because Kompany didn't wear a tie like the rest of them with his suit and other minor issues.
Kompany was the first of this new 'gold'-generation of young Belgians breaking through and some of the older hands seemed to have problems with the interest of the public in these new young superstars so a couple of years ago all kind of stories were leaking out. Things that normally wouldn't leave the dressing room. Clearly some of these disgruntled old players tried via the media to influence the public opinion. Anyway just look up the nutcase Stijnen. The national goalie of a few years ago recently fired by his team Club Brugge because he was activily posting on a fanforum under an alias boasting about himself and talking shit about the young goalie who he had lost his place to.

Talking of leighton, where is he these days?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.