Next Captain

I've noticed that when there's any over-heavy challenges put in on our players or there's a bit of an argument on the pitch - and Kola's on the pitch - he's first there standing up for his boys. I think he's a bit of a man's man (which is as rare as rocking horse shit in this sport), he's got everyone's back and the other players look up to him for it.

He's also having a good season too, he's not the most talented player but he's doing well with what he's got and I think he's well respected in the squad for it.

KippaxCitizen said:
I've noticed that when there's any over-heavy challenges put in on our players or there's a bit of an argument on the pitch - and Kola's on the pitch - he's first there standing up for his boys. I think he's a bit of a man's man (which is as rare as rocking horse shit in this sport), he's got everyone's back and the other players look up to him for it.

He's also having a good season too, he's not the most talented player but he's doing well with what he's got and I think he's well respected in the squad for it.

I like how Kolarov is always ready to start WW3 in those situations!
he's certainly no pussy like 99,5% of modern footballers

If making him captain last night was supposed to make him lead by example then It did'nt work. Another poor game

For me it should be in this order:

Captain: Vinny
Vice-Captain: Zaba
Vice-Vice-Captain: Either Richards or Milner

(Depending on who is playing, obviously)

Just think these are all sorts of characters who are leaders and have the sort of spirit that should set the example to the rest of the players

To be honest.. I felt like Nasri was doing the job of the captain, mostly in 2nd half, by talking with the referee and being the link between Pellegrini and the rest of the team.

Last night highlighted how light we are in full back cover. For me when you take Zabba and Clichy out we seem to go to a new depth of poor defending. Both Micha and Kolarov bomb forward and are dreadfully slow getting back in shape. This means our centre backs are pulled out of position and are left exposed. With both Lescott and Deme not being blessed with pace anymore this is a big problem. It worried me last night that Micha also decided to constantly go forward denying space for his teammates (the dive he did was very embarrassing) and on more than one occasion you saw Ferna busting a gut to get back to try and fill the space that Richards had vacated as our defender ambled back. A fullback should be a defender first and a forward second. Both our second string choices don't have the discipline for that. Is it a coaching problem? I don't know. I think both Zabba and Clichy were a little off early season but are now looking a lot better but we do need cover. Manuel seemed to hint at this but if he carries on picking Garcia to be a holding player my worry would be that Fernandinho will literally burn out by season end, he does that much work! Kolarov vice vice capt. not for me but maybe he is looked unto by the others we wouldn't know. One last thing about last night Edin please don't make your annoyance in being out of the first 11 so blooming obvious - we would all love to be paid 130k per week instead of you and you can take our places in the stands if you prefer - work hard and who knows what may happen?

As the title says, is it time we started to think about a new skipper? Part of me thinks Kompany's form is in part down to the pressure of the captaincy getting to him and him wanting to be 'Captain Everything'. No doubt he's a leader, but should the armband be elsewhere?

I vote yes. Give it to Joe Hart. He's an ever-present, big game player who's never injured. Like any Keeper, he has the odd mistake in him, but his self-confidence to re-find his best form has been displayed time and again. Like Kompany, he's been here since before the takeover, so he knows the club's DNA, too.

Thoughts? Alternatives?

There is no one better to wear it on our team than Kompany. He may not be playing as well as he once was, players/teams can have bad seasons. I am not in panic mode.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.