Next Captain

01cravend said:
Latics Fan SJK said:
Personally, I think Joe is a good shout.

Not that it's an official blueprint as such, but if you look at the top teams around Europe - Chelsea, Man United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich et al - all their respective captains are from their home nation.

Arsenals captain is Spanish, Vice captain German, 3rd captain Spanish

Yeah sorry about that. I'd thought of Arsenal before I posted that so why I included them I dont know.

He's had a bad season, he'll no doubt be back. Taking the captaincy off him makes very little sense if we assume that we all want to see him back to his usual best.

He's been at the heart of out success over the last 5 seasons and I for 1 would like to see him at the heart of our success over the next 5 seasons.

There are a few players that need to be moved on but Vinny isn't one of them in my opinion.

chestervegasblue said:
As the title says, is it time we started to think about a new skipper? Part of me thinks Kompany's form is in part down to the pressure of the captaincy getting to him and him wanting to be 'Captain Everything'. No doubt he's a leader, but should the armband be elsewhere?

Kompany's form is down to the ridiculous idea that after a long lay off injured and a couple of weeks back in training it was right in putting him straight back in instead of a phased returnto the first team as Demi and Mangala were gelling fine at the time and Komps could have got his match fitness with 20 min run outs for a couple of games. the mistakes made in his returnn and the comment made on his performance has obviously knock him a bit, his form and pressence will return, no better choice as captain than he, though Joe as vice is a good shout.

It's a no from me, although he'd be next choice after Kompany.

Kompany is the leader of this team.....and his country!

His poor form is more due to the lack of quality around him, both alongside and in front? He is being asked to do too much at times, but with some improvement in the quality around him AND a few improvements in his own game (being either too tight and diving in or way too far from his man, plus poor forward passing and no effect on dead balls/corners), he will be the Captain for the rest of his contract.

unlikelyfan19 said:
There is no one better to wear it on our team than Kompany. He may not be playing as well as he once was, players/teams can have bad seasons. I am not in panic mode.

Agreed. And even with my limited experience and ability of playing as a centre half I wouldn't relish playing behind our midfield. Sort this out and Vincent will lead us to more success with dignity.

its a Barm said:
some topics on here defy belief, some may say I smell a rag, I choose to believe some are clueless.

Totally agree, clueless.

We all knew this attacking philosophy of our manager with the high defensive line was going to leave us exposed at the back. The problem is that the attackers aren't doing their jobs properly on a regular basis ie scoring at the other end.

Goals win matches and our best striker couldn't even score from 12 yards the other night!!

This thread should be merged with some of the posters on the VK thread , theres a self proclaimed intellectual on there spending half his life on google , trying to justify his claim that VK has never been a great captain. Hes even quoting "The Sun" as a source for christs sake , YCNMIU.

apologies to monty python fans for the following :

Whats Vincent Kompany ever done for us ?
Hes captained TWO title sides
Apart form leading our club TWO titles , what has Vincent Kompany ever done for us ?
Hes captained the team to a FACup and League Cup win
Apart from leading our club to TWO titles , an FA Cup and a League Cup , what has Vincent Kompany ever done for us ?
Hes captained us to seven wembley appearances
Apart from leading our club to TWO titles an FA Cup a League Cup and seven wembley appearances , what has Vincent Kompany ever done for us ?
Hes been selected for 3 seasons in the Premier League team of the season
Apart from from TWO titles an FA Cup a League Cup seven wembley appearances , several selections in the premier league team of the year , what has Vincent Kompany ever done for us ?
He captained Belgium at the World Cup finals
Apart from leading our clubTWO titles , an FA Cup , League Cup , seven wembley appearances , several selections for premier league team of the year , and captaining his national side at the World Cup finals , what has Vincent Kompany ever done for us. ?
He was premiership player of the season in 2012
Apart from leading our club TWO titles , an FA Cup ,League Cup , seven wembley appearances , several selections in the premier league of the season , captaining his national team to the world cup finals , and achieving the Premiership player of the season , what has Vincent Kompany ever done for us ?

Vincent Kompany captain and leader and will be for the forseable future , form is temporary , class is permanent

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.