Next Captain

jimmygrimblesboots said:
This thread should be merged with some of the posters on the VK thread , theres a self proclaimed intellectual on there spending half his life on google , trying to justify his claim that VK has never been a great captain. Hes even quoting "The Sun" as a source for christs sake , YCNMIU.

apologies to monty python fans for the following :

Whats Vincent Kompany ever done for us ?
Hes captained TWO title sides
Apart form leading our club TWO titles , what has Vincent Kompany ever done for us ?
Hes captained the team to a FACup and League Cup win
Apart from leading our club to TWO titles , an FA Cup and a League Cup , what has Vincent Kompany ever done for us ?
Hes captained us to seven wembley appearances
Apart from leading our club to TWO titles an FA Cup a League Cup and seven wembley appearances , what has Vincent Kompany ever done for us ?
Hes been selected for 3 seasons in the Premier League team of the season
Apart from from TWO titles an FA Cup a League Cup seven wembley appearances , several selections in the premier league team of the year , what has Vincent Kompany ever done for us ?
He captained Belgium at the World Cup finals
Apart from leading our clubTWO titles , an FA Cup , League Cup , seven wembley appearances , several selections for premier league team of the year , and captaining his national side at the World Cup finals , what has Vincent Kompany ever done for us. ?
He was premiership player of the season in 2012
Apart from leading our club TWO titles , an FA Cup ,League Cup , seven wembley appearances , several selections in the premier league of the season , captaining his national team to the world cup finals , and achieving the Premiership player of the season , what has Vincent Kompany ever done for us ?

Vincent Kompany captain and leader and will be for the forseable future , form is temporary , class is permanent

Good post

If Pellegrini does go at the end of the season and Txiki Begiristain's job being under scrutiny then you would also start looking at the captaincy as well. This is the second time we have failed in retaining the title and the second time we haven't mounted a very good defence of it either.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. The VK thread was bad enough. Now this. I seriously hope he doesn't visit this Forum.

Worst post ever.
Vinny is the best captain on and off the field any club could wish for...
Here's to you Vincent kompany city loves you more than you will know

Why it bonkers? I agree that leadership is the biggest quality that you look for in a captain, but that includes leading in terms of performances. For whatever reason, Vincent's performances have not been up to scratch this season, by his own high standards.

As for Hart, I think he should be England captain, as do many on here. It's not outrageous then to suggest that he should be in the running for the City armband, nor that Kompany is untouchable.

chestervegasblue said:
Why it bonkers? I agree that leadership is the biggest quality that you look for in a captain, but that includes leading in terms of performances. For whatever reason, Vincent's performances have not been up to scratch this season, by his own high standards.

As for Hart, I think he should be England captain, as do many on here. It's not outrageous then to suggest that he should be in the running for the City armband, nor that Kompany is untouchable.

We could try Hart but I don't think he is natural leader as well and most importantly his own game will suffer again.

Kompany will always be our captain and was born a leader. Nobody better to do the job. One poor season does'nt make him a bad captain or player! How many times as he saved us ? they've all had a bad season after the world cup. Lers just Put this season to the back of the mind, get behind him and crack on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.