Next Captain

i wouldn't be suprised if we see one player taking the brunt of the captaincy to start with - perhaps dunne will carry the role on for a bit - just to keep the pressure off of everyone and allow a natural leader to surface. then by christmas hughes will have given everyone a fair chance to show their colours and he'll effectively choose someone.
Bare in mind that he must want to keep a 'city core' - ireland, onuoha, richards, just to keep some identity and some leadership later down the line.

When do you think city will announce who will skipper the team next season, I know that Dunne may well remain as captain purely because we haven't got another CB in yet, but so far we have had no official word that he is captain next season. Thoughts anyone?

I think it's one of those where we should just presume it would be Richard Dunne unless we hear anything different before the start of the season.

We could say this man, that man, whoever we think but the dynamics of the squad - which we dont see - might have a different hierarchy than what we think and therefore our choice might be the wrong choice for the team!

I think it should be open until the man worthy of the captaincy comes to the fore and shows good leadership, communication, organisation, motivation, leading by example etc etc! Wouldnt be a bad thing to have no captain named for a few games, just let whoever toss the coin and shake hands with the ref until we know who is to be the leader of the new Manchester City!

Dunne has not been a good captain IMO he doesnt have enough captain qualities!

I would think Toure, Onouha and the other centre back (whoever that may be) will be ahead of Dunne in the pecking order, so I can't see how it can be him.

Barry or Toure, possibly? He seems quite a vocal person from the back.

Taylor said:
When do you think city will announce who will skipper the team next season, I know that Dunne may well remain as captain purely because we haven't got another CB in yet, but so far we have had no official word that he is captain next season. Thoughts anyone?

I've been mulling over this myself of late.
It needs to be someone that's willing to run through brick walls, have a win at all cost mentality, drag the team through to win 1-0 when we're not playing well.
I think Terry would of been ideal but now i just don't know?

It will be Dunne, whilst the likes of Toure, Kompany, Tevez, Given, Bellamy and Barry will actually do all the talking and bollocking, whilst captain marvels only communication with the referee will be when he is being booked for yet another late and clumsy foul.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.