Next Captain

Dunne, if he stays, may retain some kind of official role like club captain, but if we sign another centre back, it's not likely he'll play that much. So he's not likely to be team captain. That role will most likely be filled by Gareth Barry, I suspect.

sickboyblue said:
I'm pretty sure hughes said it would be Dunnie a few weeks ago..

i think i sure this too. But it did say "club captain" which a think means we will have an on field captain so to speak.

I think Its Irelands to be honest

The announcer guy at City yesterday said when Barry came up to shoot for the cross bar challenge. "Heres the new City skipper..."

A mistake possibly?

Id have Dunne.

But if he's not playing give it Ireland. He sets the bar at the moment in our squad as Dunnie did for the 4 or 5 seasons before him.

Im not a believer in the captain having to be vocal, but prefer a captain to set an example in terms of effort and application.

manchestermooner said:
The announcer guy at City yesterday said when Barry came up to shoot for the cross bar challenge. "Heres the new City skipper..."

A mistake possibly?

What he said was 'here's the captain' meaning team GB.

I thought the same until Adebayor and Kolo took their turn and were also introduced as the captain

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.