Next Captain

I would love to see Kompany installed as captain if he stays fit and is a first team regular throughout the season, I think Vincent along with Nedum are both very good natural leaders. I could definitly see Nedum skippering the club a few years down the line.

leighton said:
I dont see the big deal in whos the captain and whos not the captain. All the players should want to do there captain roles for the team during the games. We should have players who sort the defence out and midfield out. A out and out leader up forward who I think Tevez could be that type of player who will get the best out of his strike partner. What we dont need is players going missing this season not up for the battle for places in the team then they should be given the option to leave the club. We need players who will battle for there place in training and in the match it should show to the fans they want to be here.

I know Dunne has got a lot of stick but he has a lot still to offer. I dont think it would matter by taking the armband off the player. I think Dunne would prove in his own way what type of leader he is by getting his game back on course. With it being a World Cup season as well I expect to see the best of Dunne. Ireland have a chance and for Dunne to want to play in a World Cup he will up his prefromace levels this season.

if what your saying is tevez should be our leader type forward , youve gotta remember the language barrier. he must be rather good at english now though , hes been here for 4 years hasnt he.

azatheblue said:
leighton said:
I dont see the big deal in whos the captain and whos not the captain. All the players should want to do there captain roles for the team during the games. We should have players who sort the defence out and midfield out. A out and out leader up forward who I think Tevez could be that type of player who will get the best out of his strike partner. What we dont need is players going missing this season not up for the battle for places in the team then they should be given the option to leave the club. We need players who will battle for there place in training and in the match it should show to the fans they want to be here.

I know Dunne has got a lot of stick but he has a lot still to offer. I dont think it would matter by taking the armband off the player. I think Dunne would prove in his own way what type of leader he is by getting his game back on course. With it being a World Cup season as well I expect to see the best of Dunne. Ireland have a chance and for Dunne to want to play in a World Cup he will up his prefromace levels this season.

if what your saying is tevez should be our leader type forward , youve gotta remember the language barrier. he must be rather good at english now though , hes been here for 4 years hasnt he.
You would think he would have the basics by now and could talk a bit to team mates now. Wouldnt mind seeing him and Rocky up front for a few games. Rocky I think could get a few goals this year.

Man1City said:
am i the only city fan, who doesn't want to see barry captain?
he can't just walk into the club and be given captaincy.
hughes has already said dunne is captain
if somelse has to take it probally given would have it.

just my opinion!

i agree with this
I think it should be Shay Given, the role of captain seems too much for Dunney, he would play better without the pressure and he isn't vocal enough
Superman as vice captain for his un-swerving loyalty to us and to show the academy players that they can acheive first team status if they show the ability and determination he has.

Man1City said:

just my opinion!
So if we signed JT he wouldnt walk into the club and be given the captaincy?
I think you will find Barry is captain for our first game of the season and prob the rest of the season, and why not?

Man1City said:

just my opinion!
I agree with you about the Barry thing, but had we managed to sign John Terry I'm pretty sure he would have been made captian.

I've said Ireland for a while now after seeing him repeat his training programme this summer. I think most footballers should be able to organise themselves and a captain is more somebody they should be looking to for inspiration when the chips are down. Ireland is an inspiration with his training programme and the way he has turned his career around, not forgetting his amazing talent. I genuinely believe he could become City's Steven Gerrard, an icon of the club.

obviously if ireland is being captain he has been asked if he wants to so he obviously is ok doing it!. but id like de jong to be captain

ello_jo said:
Irelands been captain even when barrys been playing

This is true and tbh I don`t no why barry is not captain as he was for villa and he is english, but gotta love superman being captain evn tho im not sure that he has the captain material, but I have always said that I hope one day nedum is captain:)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.