Next Captain

HellasLEAF said:
I have always preferred the captain to be a vital defender or midfielder personally. But would have no problem seeing Tevez with the armband. His work and passion above all else, not the goals.
Exactly even though last night appears to be a one off a captain leads by example

Bluemoonbaldboy said:
HellasLEAF said:
I have always preferred the captain to be a vital defender or midfielder personally. But would have no problem seeing Tevez with the armband. His work and passion above all else, not the goals.
Exactly even though last night appears to be a one off a captain leads by example

yes I realized as much. thing is with big competition for K. Toure's spot...

Club captain is quite an important job actually. There's more than a few things that they do. For example, captains are expected to relay certain messages from the club management to the rest of the players; a few years back, this meant things like distributing free match tickets amongst the players for their families, communicating any concerns that the players have to the manager, and generally keeping the other players out of trouble. They are basically a mini-manager but over recent years they have also come to mean a lot in sponsorship and merchandising terms. Captains usually have to meet sponsors after games, or on off days to represent the club as an ambassador of sorts. They are expected to be active in the club's efforts to connect fans and local communities, etc.
Finally, they need to give direction on the pitch by communicating to other players about tactical changes about to be made, like a mini-quarterback.

I'm not sure about how much of this is true at City now, but it was like this up until a few years ago. This is why I think Tevez would be a terrible captain. His English isn't great to work with sponsors (whether purposeful or not), he has recently shown a poor attitude towards training, and he doesn't come across as the sort of guy who can put an arm around a player when it's going bad. Most importantly, I'm not sure if he has the tactical nouse to do the job sufficiently in the long term (in fact, considering that he isn't lazy, yet completely left Scholes to run the derby, I'd argue that he definitely doesn't have the nouse for it).

Kolo is a good choice for us. He's pretty tactically astute, he's smooth with the sponsors, he's been there and done it in football and you get the impression that he can give some advice to players, plus he seems likeable, dedicated guy who won't rock the boat.

There's much more to being a captain than just determination on the pitch. Whoever said Kompany before was a good shout, though I think that he's a little young at the moment.

Damocles said:
Club captain is quite an important job actually. There's more than a few things that they do. For example, captains are expected to relay certain messages from the club management to the rest of the players; a few years back, this meant things like distributing free match tickets amongst the players for their families, communicating any concerns that the players have to the manager, and generally keeping the other players out of trouble. They are basically a mini-manager but over recent years they have also come to mean a lot in sponsorship and merchandising terms. Captains usually have to meet sponsors after games, or on off days to represent the club as an ambassador of sorts. They are expected to be active in the club's efforts to connect fans and local communities, etc.
Finally, they need to give direction on the pitch by communicating to other players about tactical changes about to be made, like a mini-quarterback.

I'm not sure about how much of this is true at City now, but it was like this up until a few years ago. This is why I think Tevez would be a terrible captain. His English isn't great to work with sponsors (whether purposeful or not), he has recently shown a poor attitude towards training, and he doesn't come across as the sort of guy who can put an arm around a player when it's going bad. Most importantly, I'm not sure if he has the tactical nouse to do the job sufficiently in the long term (in fact, considering that he isn't lazy, yet completely left Scholes to run the derby, I'd argue that he definitely doesn't have the nouse for it).

Kolo is a good choice for us. He's pretty tactically astute, he's smooth with the sponsors, he's been there and done it in football and you get the impression that he can give some advice to players, plus he seems likeable, dedicated guy who won't rock the boat.

There's much more to being a captain than just determination on the pitch. Whoever said Kompany before was a good shout, though I think that he's a little young at the moment.

Well said mate. Kompany is the natural choice for captain soon but Kolo is a good cap for the time being. Dont know why he cops so much criticism tbh.

i dont he meant club captain for this season,i think lesscot is more of a leader and also kolo needs the necessary support from the manager,i dont no but i dont see this things from the managers side coz he doesn't say anything kolo over the team.have anybody noticed that last season?.

He has the material to be our captain on the field! At least a vice captain to lead the troops by example. We need him to bootstrap our team especially when we are down but not out in a game!

He can be our Gerrard!

As the crap Tevez thread has been removed I thought I'd stick this in here to help easy and concerns and quash the shite some are reporting:

Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez insists there's no problem with manager Roberto Mancini.

Relations between Tevez and Mancini last season were reported to be strained, but the Argentine has praised the former Inter Milan coach for getting the best out of him.

"I would really like him (Mancini) to continue here," said Tevez. "I would like all of us to stay and continue with this ambitious project which we have started.

"The manager has given me the continuity that every player needs to produce his best. He helped me recover my confidence.

"Thanks to the coach and my team-mates, things have worked well for me and it's the reason I have achieved such a high level.

"We are a team that is growing together. We are happy with what we've done so far but we know this season is our greatest challenge."

Lifted from Newnow.

he was the club captain when he played for CORINTHIANS,and he helped CORINTHIANS won the title
p1_tevez_0424.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.