Next England Manager...

I had an interesting conversation over the Weekend with a Senior Trading Standards officer who has been working against counterfiting of Goods somewhere in Eastern Europe with the Police. He has told me and I have never been ITK about anything before that a certain Manager was only saved from Prison by a basic error on the initial Warrant.

I have a real fear that the Media will intimidate the powers that be and the Public into appointing this man. You can already see it and feel it ;- even in this thread respected Posters are calling for him to be chosen.

My choice? I am still thinking about it - lets hope the FA think long and hard as well and come up with the right choice.

- Joe said:
Well there is an out of work, respected, young manager with successful international experience, responsible for changing the mentality of a struggling national team with an outgoing generation. Intelligent, articulate, fluent English speaker with knowledge, experience and respect for the English game...

Anyone?

I got Belguim to the 2014 World Cup final on Football Manager surely it's me.

Or perhaps Klinsmann?

BurnCK said:
Whoever it is, they gotta be ENGLISH !! How the fuck can you expect a foreign manager who has never even managed in the English league to come in a manager the England team. We need someone who knows how the English play and puts out a team that compliments that style.

Redknapp or Hodgson for me.....although I doubt Harry would leave Spurs just yet, having got them to the CL. He'll want a crack at that first.

And the FA need their arses kicking for offering Capello a new contract BEFORE the World Cup started. They were just asking for things to go tits up by doing that...

How well did McClaren do? It is just like how it was when Sven announced he'd be leaving after the 2006WC. The media and fans alike were saying it needs to be an Englishman, someone who understands the mentality, blah blah blah. They appointed someone English, it wents tits up, and then it was back to we need a successful foreign coach with a proven track record of success. We appoint someone who fits that criteria, it goes wrong, and now we're back to we need someone English, these foreigners don't understand how we roll, and so one and so forth. How many English managers do you think there have been? How many have won the World Cup or the Euro's?

OrigamiNinja said:
Twitcher!

Cant stand how he does his transfer dealings with the aide of SSN but at least he wont try to change the way we play. We are simply not good enough technically to try and play the way Capello wants us to play. The only hope we ever have of doing well in a major tournament is to play the "English" way and Twitcher will definitely do this.

I think the exact opposite is needed.. its the "english" way which has fucked us up and left us now so clearly miles behind the top nations in technical ability. The whole system needs to be overhalled from school level up. Fuck all the emphasis on bull and bluster teach them to be good technical footballers first and then introduce the more competative edge. Like they do in brazil, portugal, spain , germany basically everywhere but here.

Mr Rich said:
- Joe said:
Well there is an out of work, respected, young manager with successful international experience, responsible for changing the mentality of a struggling national team with an outgoing generation. Intelligent, articulate, fluent English speaker with knowledge, experience and respect for the English game...

Anyone?

I got Belguim to the 2014 World Cup final on Football Manager surely it's me.

Or perhaps Klinsmann?

Yep, i'm thinking Jürgen

Challenger1978 said:
Shay Guevara said:
Am I being cynical or are they grooming Beckham for the job by taking him so they can say he's had some WC coaching experience?

Can't think of any other reason for him to be there.

I'm dreading that as it will be another 4 to 8 years wasted, if he lasts that long.

Are we not supposed to be 'grooming' Pearce for the job? Isn't that the whole point of him being there?

the foreign manager experiment has not worked that should be left to the african nations and the like were they have no top draw coaches, even the japs, mexicans, yanks etc have coaches from there own countries

but saying that i don't think the players are as good as we are led to believe, i would like to see how a couple of the so called top players perform in an average team and see if they are as effective in those teams i doubt this very much

golden generation my arse!

Do not rule out Stuart Pearce.... The FA think his u21's have done very well. He is included in the coaching staff of the senior team to gain invaluable experience.

My other worry is they will go for fat Sam or Harry the Hype....

Since there's so many daft names in here im going to throw one in that hasn't yet appeared. Ol' big ears Lineker

levets said:
Do not rule out Stuart Pearce.... The FA think his u21's have done very well. He is included in the coaching staff of the senior team to gain invaluable experience.

My other worry is they will go for fat Sam or Harry the Hype....

Pearce - no chance.
Same with Fat Sam.
Harry could get it - but I'd be shocked if he quit the Spurs job this summer.

It'll be interesting to see what happens in the next two weeks. I imagine the FA will start sounding people out, which will get leaked, which will lead to Capello knowing he's a dead man walking. Typically incompetent crap...

They should've sacked him this morning...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.