Next James Bond?

The black community would be upset if Shaft became a white guy.

I remember when Star Wars was criticized for not having any black actors in A New Hope. Billy Dee Williams was then employed for Empire Strikes Back.

Also, Bruce Lee was originally going to be in Kung Fu but was replaced but David Carradine. Lee was clearly the perfect option.

Some things should really not be messed around with.

hong-kong-phooey-image.jpg

This is clearly not a Chinese person

paphos-mcfc said:
He could be fictionally black too! I expect at the end of Skyfall where it announces the next film stating 'Bond will be back' to actually say 'Bond will be black' with a super sized afro.

I hope I'm not being too ridiculous?

Oh, superb. The intelligent joke in your comment is far beyond what anybody has alluded to before!

You should post more...

Banned Tosspot said:

I remember when Star Wars was criticized for not having any black actors in A New Hope. Billy Dee Williams was then employed for Empire Strikes Back.

Also, Bruce Lee was originally going to be in Kung Fu but was replaced but David Carradine. Lee was clearly the perfect option.

Who would give a sh*t if the Black community were 'upset'. They don't own the character. 'Shaft' is about street smarts and I've already laid out how that can be transferred earlier.

'Shaft' is also of its time. Mr L. Jackson hardly gave reasons why there shouldn't be a 'reboot/ rethink' on the character of 'Shaft', anyway!!

Bigga said:
Banned Tosspot said:

Who would give a sh*t if the Black community were 'upset'. They don't own the character. 'Shaft' is about street smarts and I've already laid out how that can be transferred earlier.

'Shaft' is also of its time. Mr L. Jackson hardly gave reasons why there shouldn't be a 'reboot/ rethink' on the character of 'Shaft', anyway!!
Shaft is a black guy. You're just turning it now to fit in with your own argument.

A white, street smarts (as you put it) fella would look ridiculous as Shaft and certain groups would be putting pressure on the makers to put it back to its original.

I'm all for equality but Blade would now look ridiculous with a White/Asian actor. Would you have been happy if say Robert Downey Jr played him?

Bigga said:
SWP's back said:
Fuck me you're a one issue bore.

Tell you what; go find a financial thread to crow on, as you do. Nobody said to post on here, but you want to as, well, your other threads have much to be desired in terms of 'interest'.

Nowt more boring in my book than your money threads.
You mean you have something other to say than: "Yes, he is fictional and can be black, don't agree and you are a racist dinosaur". It's just you've said that a few times now and I wondered how many more times you wanted to say it.

SWP's back said:
Bigga said:
SWP's back said:
Fuck me you're a one issue bore.

Tell you what; go find a financial thread to crow on, as you do. Nobody said to post on here, but you want to as, well, your other threads have much to be desired in terms of 'interest'.

Nowt more boring in my book than your money threads.
You mean you have something other to say than: "Yes, he is fictional and can be black, don't agree and you are a racist dinosaur". It's just you've said that a few times now and I wondered how many more times you wanted to say it.

Is he fictional?? Check.

Can he be Black or any other colour/ creed? Check.

What's not to agree (stop me when I'm wrong) about a fictional character whose story rights are own by someone who doesn't give two sh*ts what you think when they hold talks with a person that might 'shake things up'?

Does being close minded make you a dinosaur when it comes to fiction? I'll let you answer that one...

Any more for any more...?

The simple question is does the James Bond franchise need a shake up?
The simple answer judging by box office and figures and reviews is No

So the even simply question is why in the fuck did it come up in the first place

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.