Next James Bond?

BoyBlue_1985 said:
The simple question is does the James Bond franchise need a shake up?
The simple answer judging by box office and figures and reviews is No

So the even simply question is why in the fuck did it come up in the first place

That would probably be the most interesting question on this thread.

One, only the Broccoli family and Elba could answer.

BoyBlue_1985 said:

So the even simply question is why in the fuck did it come up in the first place

Bigga's Idea. To which I ask his thoughts on;

a Pakistani Batman
a Chinese Robocop
a White Ellis Boyd "Red" Redding (shawshank)
an Indian Spiderman
an Arab Sherlock Holmes

I know it's not what Bigga or the OP is looking for, but it seems that one of the main peripheral figures who appears in just about all the Bond films is now going to be a young, black, ''kick-ass'' (hate that phrase!) woman who has seen action ''in the field'', as opposed to a white, middle aged woman. Not the main character I know, but a start. Maybe.

jimharri said:
I know it's not what Bigga or the OP is looking for, but it seems that one of the main peripheral figures who appears in just about all the Bond films is now going to be a young, black, ''kick-ass'' (hate that phrase!) woman who has seen action ''in the field'', as opposed to a white, middle aged woman. Not the main character I know, but a start. Maybe.
Only 2 black women so far in the revamped bond girl genre which started around TND time

BoyBlue_1985 said:
jimharri said:
Only 2 black women so far in the revamped bond girl genre which started around TND time
Not sure I'd class Moneypenny as a ''Bond Girl''. They're usually the love interest in the Bond films, whereas Moneypenny's feelings towards 007 could be classed as ''unrequited love''. That scene where she's shaving him is sexy though!

paphos-mcfc said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

Bigga's Idea. To which I ask his thoughts on;

a Pakistani Batman
a Chinese Robocop
a White Ellis Boyd "Red" Redding (shawshank)
an Indian Spiderman
an Arab Sherlock Holmes

*yawn*

As it helps that I can imagine and write, unlike your good self, short answers would be:

'Pakistani Batman'? Funnily enough I though Bats was JUST a vigilante, so yeah, anyone could be a vigilante UNLESS a vigilante has to White...

'Chinese Robocop'? Even you're not so dumb, oh wait...

'White Ellis Boyd "Red" Redding'? I think I'll let this quote embarrass you for me...

Morgan Freeman as Ellis Boyd "Red" Redding: Andy's friend and fellow prison inmate, convicted of murder in 1927. Before Freeman was cast, Clint Eastwood, Harrison Ford, Paul Newman, and Robert Redford were each considered for the role. Although written as a middle-aged Irishman with greying red hair (as in the novella), Darabont cast Freeman for his authoritative presence and demeanor; he could not see anyone else as Red. The short dialogue with Andy is a jest towards this casting decision as Red — when asked about the origin of his nickname — answers "Maybe it's because I'm Irish.

'Indian Spiderman'? Stretch your limited mind to an 'alternative universe', much as they did with the 'Miles Morales' incarnation of 'Spidey'.

'Arab Sherlock Holmes'? What, are there no detectives in Saudi regions? He doesn't have to have the specific name, but all actions would lead down a similar path.

Boring...

Although Bruce Wayne s family run Gotham city in the USA from the early 1900's. So the back story would have to be reworked to the point where its not really even Batman anymore
Stories with completed back stories should not be reworked as you would have to change the whole perspective to the point where it becomes over complicated

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Although Bruce Wayne s family run Gotham city in the USA from the early 1900's. So the back story would have to be reworked to the point where its not really even Batman anymore
Stories with completed back stories should not be reworked as you would have to change the whole perspective to the point where it becomes over complicated

Hm.

So, we're avoiding the vigilante factor now?

Hokey dokey...

Bigga said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

Hm.

Hokey dokey...

No Im not but it wouldn't be Batman without the past story of why he is troubled and does what he does. The new Nolan Batman worked the vigilante point very well but I feel you still need the very core of what Batman is for the story to work
Plenty of other vigilante type movies but they are not Batman

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Bigga said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

Hm.

Hokey dokey...

No Im not but it wouldn't be Batman without the past story of why he is troubled and does what he does. The new Nolan Batman worked the vigilante point very well but I feel you still need the very core of what Batman is for the story to work
Plenty of other vigilante type movies but they are not Batman

Yeah... No.

Strip away all the b*ll*cks and Bats is JUST a vigilante.

Nothing else matters and THAT is the core of Batman.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.