Next Manager after Pep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rodgers and Sterling reunited...
Rodgers is the one who actually started all this nonsense about Sterling in the media with his snide remarks about him turning down a good contract..how dare he refuse 100k at that age..a 'rebel/bad boy & money-grabbing' narrative that has stuck ever since..Also how he tried to vilify Moussa Dembele through the media for wanting to leave Celtic for a better club after promising to let him go only for him to snake Celtic in the middle of the season for a better club himself..will always stick
Doesnt matter what he does with Leicester as a manager but I'll pass for his off the field antics..A good fit for Liverpool with his false sense of self importance and NPD

Last edited:
@mosssideblue said:
Not being funny but why on earth would we employ a manager who was recently sacked and has won the square root of fuck all?

but in our case Pep is a winner, and had won a lot as a manager before he came here. Hiring winners is a proven strategy. But regarding Poch. I have never really cared for his style, and his body language doesn't exude confidence to me. it looks more of hoping to do well rather than expecting that and especially when they are losing he just looks sunk.
I'll say getting Spurs to CL like he has is a nice bit of managing, but I agree with mossside here and bringing him in I feel would be going backwards.
Barcelona

Bayern Munich

It probably would be a backward step but who wouldn't be after Pep?

Yes Peps a proven winner and with his style of play was the perfect choice however not sure so many obvious choices will present themselves in the near future.

You are quite right hiring winning managers is a proven strategy however our manager, prior to Pep, Pellers hardly had a proven record of winning in europe and compare the records of Mourinho and Pep when Pep got the Barca job, quite clear that our owners do not see it as the only consideration.

Also its not coincidental that the last two managers have been Spanish speaking.

I raise you bring back Pierce. As it is about the same number f goals we'd score with him and Simeone.

Neanderthal football. He could win anything under the sun, I'd still count him as a shit manager.

And how the fuck did you come up with Simeone managing the players we have and style of football we're up about, lol. If there' is one manager who doesn't have an ounce of hope of becoming City manager, it's him.
You're daft as a brush if you think Sim's a shit manager, he's top class. I don't go to the match to be entertained, my entertainment is in seeing us win and any manager who can bring us success is fine with me.

Did it occur to you that he might play more expansive football if he was on a level playing field. He saw the way the land lies in Spain and rightly decided that he'd find an antidote to the dominance of Barca and Real by adopting a pragmatic style as he'd never be able to buy the players to beat them at their own game.

That said, you obviously haven't watched many Atletico games and it's a lazy generalisation to say they play neanderthal football. They play good football and the title winning team of 2014 that should've won the CL too played some marvellous stuff, Koke and Turan and Garcia was an absolutely brilliant midfield.

You're daft as a brush if you think Sim's a shit manager, he's top class. I don't go to the match to be entertained, my entertainment is in seeing us win and any manager who can bring us success is fine with me.

Did it occur to you that he might play more expansive football if he was on a level playing field. He saw the way the land lies in Spain and rightly decided that he'd find an antidote to the dominance of Barca and Real by adopting a pragmatic style as he'd never be able to buy the players to beat them at their own game.

That said, you obviously haven't watched many Atletico games and it's a lazy generalisation to say they play neanderthal football. They play good football and the title winning team of 2014 that should've won the CL too played some marvellous stuff, Koke and Turan and Garcia was an absolutely brilliant midfield.

He is on more than level playing field with 90% of La Liga and his team scored 15 goals in 13 La Liga matches this season. He plays neanderthal football. often acts as neanderthal and never moved from Serie A style of 90s. He is good manager for Burnley, not City, but luckily all this discussion is worthless because there is more chance Big Sam will be City manager than him. We're holistic, you know that :) we want to win things playing football, not acting as loons on and by the pitch.

He is on more than level playing field with 90% of La Liga and his team scored 15 goals in 13 La Liga matches this season. He plays neanderthal football. often acts as neanderthal and never moved from Serie A style of 90s. He is good manager for Burnley, not City, but luckily all this discussion is worthless because there is more chance Big Sam will be City manager than him. We're holistic, you know that :) we want to win things playing football, not acting as loons on and by the pitch.
There are many ways to fuck a pig :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.