Next Manager after Pep

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’re going to replace the best manager of all time with the manager of 16th place Burnley?

A City legend. Imagine the reaction on the terraces.

Let's see how he does in the PL with Burnley first.

Pep can stay on and be Vinny's No2. :-)

Vinny back as manager would be an exciting dream ... but ... the evidence is that welcoming back the prodigal son often ends badly (Solskjaer & Lampard the latest, perhaps) as there's too much emotion involved, too many past relationships behind the scenes, and then everyone feels bad sacking a club legend.

I don't think so, the evidence shows Ancelotti, Guardiola, Enrique and Zidane returning did wonders for their respective teams, in just over last 20 years that is and I could name plenty more from the past, even more if you look at people who just offered stability short or long term. You can even argue Chelsea only won their first UCL because a prodigal son returned giving short term stability.

It gets overemphasised every failure of a former club favourite in the press on these shores but for every failure there's also a success story, you're more likely to have sustained or even short term success/stability with a former player, the problem lies within the judgement of clubs hiring and both Solksjaer with rags or Lampard were just terrible appointments, one had already massively flopped with no right to manage a Prem team again the other still hasn't proven anything, he was a very inexperienced young manager Lampard who needed more time to prove himself at Derby while learning on the job, he didn't set the world alight and only helped Derby achieve the same position as the year before, he wasn't that impressive despite strengthening their squad massively with Chelsea loanees he didn't do owt at great Derby, he's looking like a total dunce at Everton too his tactics are bad he has no backup plan and he uses excuses.

Kompany even at Anderlecht helping the club recover from what looked a certain demise, he proved more in just that role than Lampard ever has managerially it showed a certain mettle, that's despite our press trying to rip him to shreds for his early Anderlecht start which was fully expected in Belgium, he's also shown much more than Lampard by completely changing Burnley's philosophy from top to bottom.
I'm not even saying Vinny is the answer but he's already at a very good level of progression in his early career, if he can carry on in his Prem trajectory and consolidate Burnley too until Pep leaves he'll prove he's no novice, by that time if he achieves all this he'll rightly be amongst the obvious frontrunners to take over from Pep whether or not he gets the job.

Vinny back as manager would be an exciting dream ... but ... the evidence is that welcoming back the prodigal son often ends badly (Solskjaer & Lampard the latest, perhaps) as there's too much emotion involved, too many past relationships behind the scenes, and then everyone feels bad sacking a club legend.
It just needs to be timed right, personally I think we should take vinnie eventually if he proves himself, It'll take more than just getting Burnley promoted though, let's see what he's accomplished in say 5 years time.

Sorry I just dont see it with Vinny

When & a big when so at least 2 more seasons with that extra 1 rolling year for Pep to take him to 10 then we will see

Unless Burnley give Vincent a decent transfer package then I can only see it going 1 way, struggling at the foot of the league

I hope he does well & gets them safe but it's a tough League as we all know

So because City are always 5-10 years ahead of others the managers choice will be already drawn out to at least 2 candidates & none imo are Vinny, now if you say Arteta then I would say more likely out of the 2
The way I see Vinnys path is a long drawn out up & down futre, maybe he goes down the route of Belgium boss before a huge club like City????

At best he could over achieve & get poached by Everton new stadium or West Ham again just guessing depending if there still in the Prem?

When & a big when so at least 2 more seasons with that extra 1 rolling year for Pep to take him to 10 then we will see

Unless Burnley give Vincent a decent transfer package then I can only see it going 1 way, struggling at the foot of the league

So because City are always 5-10 years ahead of others the managers choice will be already drawn out to at least 2 candidates & none imo are Vinny, now if you say Arteta then I would say more likely out of the 2
The way I see Vinnys path is a long drawn out up & down futre, maybe he goes down the route of Belgium boss before a huge club like City????

At best he could over achieve & get poached by Everton new stadium or West Ham again just guessing depending if there still in the Prem?
Pathetic. Your reasoning seems to be just that it’s hard to get a chance then mention arteta.

It’s way his team is set up and play the style of play and how he has changed it all in no time! Yep he will get beat by better teams if they come up, keep that ethos in a team like city he will do well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.