Next Manager after Pep

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m willing vinny is the real deal. It would be somewhat poetic to see the man who we all earmarked due to his character but who has also lived the whole transformation of the club
The story would be poetic, however, something inside me says we don’t want to have the man with the statue out front to take the helm and follow pep as manager.

If it goes wrong in any way it would be horrible

The story would be poetic, however, something inside me says we don’t want to have the man with the statue out front to take the helm and follow pep as manager.

If it goes wrong in any way it would be horrible
The reality is whoever we get will be a downgrade, given we have the best coach of his generation, catch 22 and a decision I don’t envy up top…

It will take a complete revolution of ideas in realty

The last thing we need is somebody given more time than they deserve because of their accomplishments as a player, which should be entirely separate from their accomplishments as a manager. If Vinny, who I love, proves himself to be good enough to be a Man City manager that would be absolutely fantastic. But if he one day gets the job, he should be judged by the same standards as anyone else. "Time" "process" and other words that excuse failure may work in clubs that are not expected to compete for trophies every year. When we are expected to compete for every trophy the time is always now. More time should be earned, not given.
With that attitude Pep would’ve been gone after his first season.

With that attitude Pep would’ve been gone after his first season.
Thats completely false. Pep was widely known as the best manager in the world when he joined which obviously made him start on a higher level of trust than the average manager. Under Peps first season we also got more wins, lost less games, scored more goals, conceded less goals, got 12 more points and finished on a higher position in the league than in the year before. Clearly a step forward which earned him more time.

Last edited:
The last thing we need is somebody given more time than they deserve because of their accomplishments as a player, which should be entirely separate from their accomplishments as a manager. If Vinny, who I love, proves himself to be good enough to be a Man City manager that would be absolutely fantastic. But if he one day gets the job, he should be judged by the same standards as anyone else. "Time" "process" and other words that excuse failure may work in clubs that are not expected to compete for trophies every year. When we are expected to compete for every trophy the time is always now. More time should be earned, not given.

You can be sure that whoever gets the job after Pep will have been thoroughly assessed to ensure they have all the tools to be successful. The shape of the club is such that he will not leave us with an ageing squad and everything will be in place to make it as easy a transition as possible. I don't think Luis Enrique is as good a manager as Pep, but he followed him at Barca and made subtle tweaks which continued their success and arguably made them even better. We could get someone in who feels that dominance of possession is less important than a more direct approach at times and focuses on looking to mix the attacking play up more. They don't need to teach the players how to pass or move, those elements are there. They just fine tune it to their style.

It's not rocket science. The rags and Arsenal were in decline for years and were held together by the manager's that had been there so long. Ferguson remained too influential and ran every element of the club. Once he went they didn't have a clue. Wenger created a myth that Arsenal were poverty stricken and couldn't compete. They could, he wasted a lot of money and he didn't adapt to the changing times. He just whinged. When Liverpool finally got a decent manager in and gave him time they managed to compete again, the same thing is happening with Arsenal now. The Chelsea model of constant managerial changes is fine if you're buying the best players in the world. The trouble they have now is that they've not done that so they need someone who is at the top of their game.

. . .only 1 candidate for me. Vinny - even if he was only 35.

Rub it into the scousers faces even more with years of continued success copying their Shankly model by bringing through from within.

Superb communicator, City legend and complete top bloke. Win Champions league first season.
Much as I love Vinnie, we have to think with our heads, not our hearts.

Seems people really underestimating Txixi decision to appoint manager with less CV background.

This is the same man that appoint Pep as manager to Barca Senior team back then with only Barca B as his CV, it's akin to appoint our current EDS manager as next senior City manager after Pep leaves that's how insane the decision back then was.

The appointment of Vinny as the next City manager will not come as surprise given our DoF track record to appoint what he feel the best for the club regardless what anyone especially fans think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.